Sign in to follow this  
Phil2011

Vintage Adidas Trainers Turned Into Slippers !

Hi, there! One day, I bought a pair of vintage ADIDAS trainers on a famous auction site. I enjoy the design of trainers from the 80's, and I was glad to get a pair in brand new condition at my size! When I got them, they smelled damp and musty. So, I decided to put them in the washing machine, at mild temperature. Unfortunately washing caused the detachment of soles!.. As I didn't have a suitable glue to reattach soles, I decided to save my Adidas by transforming them into slippers for home! So I replaced the original soles with suede soles! Here are some pictures: 2yl2tt0.jpg35b5g7p.jpg2e4xnoi.jpg19875v.jpg155sxso.jpg The suede is thin and very soft. These new soles are glued and hand stitched with linen thread. I added a new removable padded insole.

Great save....... :clapping: I like how they turned out. I bet they are really comfy

Thank you for your comment, Bluesman! Yes, they were extremely soft and comfy! I lost them in a moving to a new town, but till then I used to wear them at home almost daily for a few years. They were the comfiest home footwear I ever had!..

Thank you! Replacing the soles with suede ones was not a very difficult work: the most important step is to remove the rubber soles without causing any damage on the shoes themselves. But I recently discovered that it can be done quite easily on this kind of trainers by washing them in hot water!.. This helps a lot to remove the rubber soles easily!

Thank you, Yohoho! It was not a very difficult work, and these Adidas were amazingly comfy as slippers!..