Sign in to follow this  
bluecarpenter

Another Machine Id

I've found another machine that looks interesting and I would love to get it. I'm just not sure which one it is. Is it a landis #1 or a pearson. The guy told me there is not markings on it that he can fine. It works good or at least it it operational. It has a needle and a shuttle with bobbin in it. He said it has been in his family for 4 generations. He also said his grandfather and father used it in repairing harnesses and the like. How much are the needles for this and can I get extra bobbins for it? The price is very reasonable even with having to drive 5 hours one way to get it. thanks mark

post-18785-061642200 1296419500_thumb.jp

post-18785-096468900 1296419513_thumb.jp

It's a Landis#1 I might have a few bobbins but am out of the needles& Schmetz doesn't want to make them anymore,I'll get the # of a guy that has them.

It's a Landis#1 I might have a few bobbins but am out of the needles& Schmetz doesn't want to make them anymore,I'll get the # of a guy that has them.

Ok.. so its a lanis #1. he's asking $250 for it. seems like a good price. I've heard some guys on here say its not as good as the pearson but.... it will do 1/2" up to 3/4" leather?? how good of a machine are they?? mark

Yes,it should sew to 3/4"easy,does it have a bobbin winder with it? they are handcrank,they are good machines & that's a low price,parts are hard to get & sometimes have to be made.

I know 2 people that have Landis #1's and both told me they use pearson needles. Even if you had to make a bit of adjustment it would still be worth it.

I wish I could find one at that price. I know of one and the guy wants $2500 for it. So the $250 is just makeing stealing it LEGAL. Lucky you.

Ok.. so its a lanis #1. he's asking $250 for it. seems like a good price. I've heard some guys on here say its not as good as the pearson but.... it will do 1/2" up to 3/4" leather?? how good of a machine are they?? mark

ok. I talked with a guy back in new york today that carrys needles for a lot of these machines. At the moment he only has size 7. Is there any were else i can get needles and in different sizes. Also what size of thread will that needle handle and how big can I go on thread.

The weather here in missouri is bad or I'd be headed to get it now.