leatheroo

neoprene foam

The neoprene foam is giving me a big headache...the first seat i made i bought an old wetsuit and cut it up and layered it..this worked well but was a big pain in the butt...i am trying to get the neoprene David recommended...1 inch with adhesive backing...i emailed Foam and More for a quote and they want to charge me $90 delivery for 1/2 sheet...this seems outrageously expensive for delivery...

Roo, I get mine from www. foam by mail.com I get free shipping on orders of $75 & more. Thats in the U.S. though. but it may be worth checking it out. Rick

Do you guys have walmart over there? If not a camping store may work. The pads that people use for under the sleeping bags or work out matts from health and finess places use neoprene lots of times and come in about half inch thick which would be thicker then a wetsuit. They arent the best alternative but worth looking into if you cant get anything shipped over there.

Did a search for neoprene and australia and came up with a few websites. May be worth checking into. I have not ordered from these guys so check them out.

http://www.professionalplastics.com/cgi-bin/pp.pl?pgm=co_disp&func=displ&strfnbr=3&prrfnbr=100963&sesent=0,0&search_id=329824

http://www.linkron.com.au/products-neoprene.html

Edited by MADMAX22

Hi leatheroo try ebay. In the past i have bought neoprene there. I bet their is a seller of neoprene from down under on there.

thanks for the replys..neither of the ones madmax mentioned have 1 inch...couldnt find any on ebay that was the right thickness....i have ordered from foambymail...it was cheaper than the other quotes i got...i will check out workout mats etc.

many thanks

caroline

thanks for the replys..neither of the ones madmax mentioned have 1 inch...couldnt find any on ebay that was the right thickness....i have ordered from foambymail...it was cheaper than the other quotes i got...i will check out workout mats etc.

many thanks

caroline

Leffler sells Neoprene haven't got their catalogue in front of me so can't remember what thickness they stock.

Edited by cem

Leffler sells Neoprene haven't got their catalogue in front of me so can't remember what thickness they stock.

According to their catalogue, Leffler's have 3, 6, 12 and 25mm neoprene!

Tony.

OMG i never thought of lefflers.....doh!!!!!

i just checked lefflers price...nearly twice the price of what it costs to get if from the US and that is including $70 postage...they are probably getting it from overseas as well!!!

thanks everyone