LeatherHead99

Tandy Belt Embosser & Pattern Rolls On Ebay

I looking to purchase a belt embosser to try my hand at making some belts and possibly making a little money here and there.. I have a couple of questions.

I've seen someone on Ebay selling different roller patterns , but they state there only made for the machine they sell, and are not sure if they fit other machines. They have a nice variety of different patterns. I would buy there machine, but the Tandy one is cheaper at the moment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traditional-Oak-Leather-Emboss-Roll-High-Impact-Poly-1-Wide-/380688187275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a2c8bf8b

Does any have any experience with these roll and know if they fit the Tandy Roller? I looking to buy the Tandy roller before the sale ends on the 15th.

Here is a link to there website that sells the embossing machine. http://www.bunkhousetools.com

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Have you talked tot he tiptons at Bunkhouse tools, they are good people and may be willing to price match if you tell them you are between there machine and Tandy's. I havwe bought a fir amount of stuff from them and have been happy with everything I have gotten from them.

ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH POSTING REPLIES????????

NO RESPONSE FROM ANYONE YET, AS TO WHAT MAY NOT BE ALLOWING SOME OF THE POSTS TO BE SAVED.

Have you talked tot he tiptons at Bunkhouse tools, they are good people and may be willing to price match if you tell them you are between there machine and Tandy's. I havwe bought a fir amount of stuff from them and have been happy with everything I have gotten from them.

I haven't..I just assumed they would not price match because the Tandy machine is a limited time offer only. Plus its a $100 difference. I guess Tandy is switching to a new model ( not sure which though) The Tandy guy said the new machines will be out in a couple of months.

I will give the price thing a shot though. maybe they will meet in the middle or something. Their machine looks alot different than the machines i've been seeing. Seems their machine uses a leather strap as a tensioner and you have to use your foot..

Does anyone have any input on which type of machine to go with? Pros Cons etc?

Thanks

RR

The bunkhouse rolls are generally have a larger diameter than the tandy and tippman rolls. There are some that will fit,

but most will not. I've gotten a couple where i didn't read the whole post and they are too large for the tandy embosser I have.

As long as it is within 1/2" diameter of the tandy size you should be ok.

I love many of the rolls they offer. I just wish I could use them.

-Nick

I attempted to reply yesterday but will give it another shot today.

I have used the Tippmann and Tandy machines and they both seem to function the same. The embosser from Bunkhouse Tools has a foot operated tensioner which can be set up in many different ways and it will accept the rolls that they make.

Neither the Tippmann or the Tandy will accept the larger rolls, as Nick mentioned.

I have obtained an embosser built by Amish and it operates as I wanted one to operate and happy to have located. It is a few bucks more than the Tandy.

Wonder what the new Tandy machine will be like. Hope they have made one that will accept the larger rolls and that will give a level/even impression.

God Bless.

Ray

I attempted to reply yesterday but will give it another shot today.

I have used the Tippmann and Tandy machines and they both seem to function the same. The embosser from Bunkhouse Tools has a foot operated tensioner which can be set up in many different ways and it will accept the rolls that they make.

Neither the Tippmann or the Tandy will accept the larger rolls, as Nick mentioned.

I have obtained an embosser built by Amish and it operates as I wanted one to operate and happy to have located. It is a few bucks more than the Tandy.

Wonder what the new Tandy machine will be like. Hope they have made one that will accept the larger rolls and that will give a level/even impression.

God Bless.

Ray

Hi Ray, the machine made by the Amish was this a one time only deal or do they have more for sale. If so where can I see this machine? Do they have a website. I am located in Norway.

Thanks

Tor