Sign in to follow this  
WillyTrambone

Choosing Arm Or Post Type Sewing Machine

Hello dear leatherworkers!

I am making leather goods for several years now, so I am not a 100% newbie. I do bags, purses, wallets, belts etc. I have GC 6160 Typical sewing machine. I cannot say that I am absolutely happy with it, but it works. But as it is a flat bed sewing machine, I find it hard to make some operations on it. So I figured I need an arm or a post type sewing machine. But as I have never used one of these, I cannot be sure which one is better.

Here are my requirements:

- industrial sewing maching of good quality

- made in Asia (I searched the forum and I really LOVE the COBRA and TechSew machines, but shipping would be too pricy. Plus all the additional parts and repair parts... It will be too long and pricy to order them from US). Unless there is a USA or European company that has shop in Russia\Ukraine.

- Maximum thickness that I do is 3-4 inches (8-10mm). It should sew this thickness and sew good

- needles up to #180 (I hope that needle calibers in USA and Europe are the same)

- triple feed (I read that it is the best, but I will take advice on this).

I will be very greatfull for your advices, links, comments.

Cheers,

Gleb.

Check out Sieck in Germany - for some reason I have in mind that they have some Russian speaking employees. They have the 441 type machines made by HIGHTEX and they deal worldwide. The machines are the same.

http://www.sieck.de/maschinen/naehen/armnaehmaschinen/

I have never bought from them but as far as I know they have a good reputation. The prices on their website DO NOT include VAT.

Thank you, but I have not found anything suitable for me on their site.

Though I have found such machine available where I live.

http://www.highlead.co.uk/highlead-GC24608.html

Has anyone used this brand? Any comments?

Thank you!