Equiplay Saddlery

Looking For 45 Acp Conchos..

I'm trying to find conchos made from or made to look like 45 ACP or 45 Long Colt shell casings (the head with primer). I need them for a special request on a belt. Anyone have any ideas?

I have never found .45 conchos. I make my own. I cut the base off the cartridge then epoxy/JB weld the post part of a chicago screw to the inside of the cartridge base.

I have never found .45 conchos. I make my own. I cut the base off the cartridge then epoxy/JB weld the post part of a chicago screw to the inside of the cartridge base.

Thanks Camano Ridge. That may be what I have to do. How do they hold up? Do you leave the spent primers in and do they ever work loose?

They work just fine. The primer will not fall out. They are seated (pressed in) during the loading or reloading process of the cartridge. They have to be punched out. I just found a guy on ETSY that sells cut 45 case heads for 40 @ $50.00. I use a decent quality tubing cutter to cut my case heads off.

That would be so kool...I need to add that to my list.

We produce this with the L24 post at back ! :thumbsup:

Send me a PM with your email address and I will be happy to forward you our Special Snap Cap Chart with Price Sheet !

Thanks, Tim

I want to give Tim at SX Industries (formerly Timco) a huge THANK YOU! He had a great selection of bullet snap caps that were easily used as conchos on a belt for a birthday present. I spoke to him on Monday of last week and had hardware in hand on Friday. Can't beat that with a stick! The snap caps looked great and you certainly couldn't beat the prices. Too bad the birthday girl picked up her belt before I could get pictures. I also want to thank LW for giving all of us "amateurs" a place to learn and make contact with others in the industry. Once again KUDOS to TIMCO now SX for great customer service! :thumbsup: