Hicks02

Tension problems with a toro 30000

I am having trouble getting the tension right when I am sewing light a heavy pieces of leather together. I am working on a set of chinks and the top stiching looks good but the bottom don't look right. Do I need to use different sizes of thread in the bobbin? Right now I use Linhanyl #277 bonded nylon. Any help would be appreciated. Jeremiah

I am having trouble getting the tension right when I am sewing light a heavy pieces of leather together. I am working on a set of chinks and the top stiching looks good but the bottom don't look right. Do I need to use different sizes of thread in the bobbin? Right now I use Linhanyl #277 bonded nylon. Any help would be appreciated. Jeremiah

It is suggested that when going thicker than 207, you should use one size smaller in the bobbin:207/207, 277/207, 346/277.

Ed

lets see a photo if possible, in the mean time ,use 277 or 207 on top and 207 in the bobbin.

rethread the bobbin and re thread the top. thry again.

Awhile back we had a good tensioning topic:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...ic=1820&hl=

99% of my problems went away after watching the Artisan video, especially the part about threading the machine. Go on their site for the video. I think it's on this Forum too, in a topic. Do a search there too. It's a good intro video.

Jeremiah,

All the suggestions given here so far are excellent.

Not knowing who you are - I cannot call you - so please call me and in a matter of minutes you will have perfect stitching on both top and bottom!

Please do not hesitate to call - that is what we do - and we do it very well.

I will go through the threading procedure with you to make sure you have not overlooked anything and then we will adjust your tensions properly. Although the top tension may 'appear' to you to be fine - it is probably too loose and is not 'pulling up' the bobbin thread enough.

Jeremiah, the best tool Artisan can offer you when you have any questions is the TELEPHONE - 1-888-838-1408

For everyone else reading this - we now have adequate supplies of our DVD for your viewing pleasure! Should any of you wish to have one - call or send me an email: dave@artisansew.com

Thanks for all your help every one. I called Dave and within a few minutes the problem was solved. One day I'll try different thread in the bobbin, but need a little more funds to buy more thread. Again thanks. Jeremiah

Thanks for all your help every one. I called Dave and within a few minutes the problem was solved. One day I'll try different thread in the bobbin, but need a little more funds to buy more thread. Again thanks. Jeremiah

Hi Jeremiah,

What did you do to fix the problem?

Ed

Ed,

Dave told me to adjust both tension knobs in equal amounts and sew 6" to 8" at a time and keep adjusting a needed. It was a simple error on my part. You have to be smarter than the equipment you work with. This is my first sewing machine and need more practice.

Jeremiah