Scholastica

Tandy Hand Press & Snaps

Dear brethren,

I have recently purchased the Tandy Hand Press and the dies for line 20 snaps. I was so excited to buy this piece of equiptment but on testing I have found the snaps aren't setting properly and are really loose. I'm using the Tandy snaps and 1.6-2mm leather. Any advice I would be grateful for. Thank you!

I have to confess that I don't know the metric conversion but if the leather is too thin you will have a problem. Some folks will shorten the post or add a small leather 'washer' to the post side. There are several other posts that can provide more details if search.

I have discover the problem is actually my own strength! I'm really glad that it's not the machine. I am getting an extention added to the handle to help me with this.

I can attest to this, Scholastica, as I went through the same thing this week on 3oz leather. Thought I was doomed until I put it back in the die and pressed a bit harder.

I have the same hand press, and it does require some force but it does work well. Takes a little practice.

Are you guys familiar with other brands of dies (i.e. cheaper) that fit the Tandy Hand Press? Thanks!