Sign in to follow this  
Billsotx

How To Scan And Email A Doc

I'm working with a pdf that was emailed to me.

I have made a hard copy, i.e. printed the pdf, it's a legal contract approximately 30 pages. I have to hand-write in some changes and initial same and return email it. My printer will scan. Is it possible to scan it back into an emailable attachment? My scans comeout jpgs and I hate to email a slew of jpgs if there is another option. Will a zip file bundle a bunch of jpgs?

I appreciate any pointers.

~Bill

Edited by Billsotx

I'm working with a pdf that was emailed to me.

I have made a hard copy, i.e. printed the pdf, it's a legal contract approximately 30 pages. I have to hand-write in some changes and initial same and return email it. My printer will scan. Is it possible to scan it back into an emailable attachment? My scans comeout jpgs and I hate to email a slew of jpgs if there is another option. Will a zip file bundle a bunch of jpgs?

I appreciate any pointers.

~Bill

http://www.freewareg...kly-and-easily/

If that one doesn't like your computer here is another one...

http://www.nemopdf.com/

Download one of those converters!

Cheers,

Chancey

Edited by chancey77

a lot depends on your scanner model. The new HP's have a lot of different file options. I'm pretty sure my settings can be changed to a PDF. You might check and see if there's an update to your scanner software/drivers. I haven't checked out Chancey's links, but my favorite PDF program is CutePDF Writer. It's pretty basic and just "Prints" whatever you want to a pdf document, so you can print your jpg's if you have to and it will save them as a PDF instead of a picture.

Hi there

Scan your new or altered document and save to the desk top as a jpg file.

then download cute pdf from here http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/Writer.asp

Once downloaded and installed

open the pictures of your documents or whatever they may be and select print. then when it says which printer click cute pdf.

This will then activate and make a pdf of your document and you can save as whatever you like (file name) and save it anywhere you wish on your computer.

then write a new email and attach (using the attach button) the pdf file you wish to send.

bingo all done.

good luck

Trevor

"Way down under"

I put a vote in for using cute pdf writer as well.

I am a computer technician at a middle sized college, and we have this installed on all our 120 staff computers (teachers are not the smartest people at times!) and even the complete technophobes manage to use it ok.

Natalie

teachers are not the smartest people at times!) and even the complete technophobes manage to use it ok.

Natalie

:NEWFUNNYPOST: Yeah, I'm a network admin at a college. I have a lot more of them to deal with (as well as some of the students) but the problems are all the same.

I have CutePDF installed. I used it to convert a couple of jpgs to pdfs. I saved the pds (made from the jpg) in the PDF file with all my other pdfs (actually in a sub-folder.

Double clicking the converted pdf to open it, it opens in Adobe Reader and it appears in landscape view. I can rotate it but it will not Save so that it stays upright (portrait) view.

I tried to print it from Adobe Reader but it doesn't print. I get a small window: Adobe Reader has stopped working ... A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (No solution shows up.)

I can print from Word, Notepad, Excel, so the printer works, but Adobe Reader does find it.

Two days ago I printed the 30 page contract from Adobe Reader, so I messed it up with CutePDF probably. Any ideas how to hook back up to the printer.

You only have Adobe Reader, right?? Not professional or anything? You can't save anything with Reader. Make sure your Adobe is up to date first. CutePDF doesn't interact with Adobe at all, so trust me that it didn't mess up your Adobe.

Are you trying to reprint them just to experiment? CutePDF is just like any other printer and you can set it to "print" in either landscape or portrait view as well.

Thanks to all for your help on this one.

~Bill

Did you get it all figured out? My brains working a little better today, so if you still need help with something it might not sound so sporadic coming from me.

Did you get it all figured out? My brains working a little better today, so if you still need help with something it might not sound so sporadic coming from me.

I was able to convert the jpgs to pdfs and view them in Adobe Reader. They looked ok so I sent them. I couldn't figure out how to print them; I just wanted to test drive that side hoping to make sure the receiver would be able to print them if needed. Adobe wouldn't print any pdf, even old ones I had. I could print from Word, Excel, Notepad without problem so the print worked as before; not so with Adobe Reader. I uninstalled CutePDF and Adoabe Reader starting printing, even the converted pdf; not sure what I did wrong.

After the uninstall, when I tried to print from Notepad I would get a window to choose my printer or CutePDF. Not sure about that since it was uninstalled. In frustration I did a restore back a couple of weeks. I've almost got all my updates done. Takes a few hours as you know. After I get everything cleared up and defrag it I'll try again and see what happens.

This contract will more than likely be going back and forth over the course of several weeks to a month, so I need the thing. This morning I got confirmation that they received it and I assume it was ok, as they did not complain.

Again many thanks for the help.

~Bill

OK, I install CutePDF writer and the recommended converter again. Can't get it to work. This time it installed an icon of the desktop but that does nothing but open an installation wizard and just runs the setup again. It also brought with it another icon FreeCause.com, not sure what this thing is.

I clicked a jpg of a piece of paper with text that I scan but can't find CutePDF Writer like I did last time.

I went to Adobe Reader and it open any pdf file I try but it will not print the pdf. Clicking print brings a popup window: Adobe Reader has stopped working.A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. There a button to close the window, or an X upper right. Nothing happens if you wait except the hour-glass cursor is running and running and running. Clicking the close button closes the little window and no solutions are offered no matter how long you wait. Seems to be worse this time that last.

Any ideas?