entiendo

Terminal Knot

I know I have seen a terminal kot in the style of a spanish ring rather than the more traditional turks head style, anyone know where I can find that info. Been through all my books with no luck.

Entiendo, It would be the same knot(4 strand ring knot) that Grant shows for securing rein knots. I don't have the book here with me, so I don't know the page. There is a post by lightningad Mar 2012 called finishing a braid that links to a utube video showing a 4 stannd ring knot. hope this helps, Buck

I wasn't able to follow the directions completely in grants book, I will look up this thread, thank you very much!

Here are some photos of doing a 4 strand ring knot by pushing 2 strands through something. You can cut it off after you are done for a terminal

http://www.flickr.com/photos/casa-megabit/sets/72157626253787004/

I think you can also use the same basic knot with the 4 strands of your braid and get a ring knot by making another pass around. If that makes sense?

Yes, I am sure you can, but I am having a hard time following cause I'm not using it as 4 string ring knot, rather a terminal knot. I have Enriquies book as well, and he shows you how but I need another reference cause he doesn't show all the angles. I get the downward and upward "spur" knot done and then I get lost. Same with knothead's directions...I get lost. I can't visualize the knot for some reason!

Edited by entiendo

I guess I am not clear on what you are trying to do? How many strands? If you do a normal terminal knot and just do another pass it comes out as a terminal ring knot, that is what I thought you were looking for. If you braid a little past and then do the push through 4 strand ring knot and cut it off flush with the knot you end up with more or less the same.

Yes a terminal ring knot!

Your directions are unclear to me though.

4 strands

I do not want to cut off the 4 strings though.

Edited by entiendo

Ok, I'll see if I can't do up one with some cell phone pictures during my lunch. I know what you mean about just not getting it sometimes. I think once the light bulb clicks on you will be like "hey that's not so hard". :)

Yeah, Enrique calls it a "simple" button, and I'm feeling a little inadequate about now. I thought I had reached the stage where some directions and instinct would carry me...but so far it's not really working for me. LOL

thanks Megabit

Ok, I think I have it mostly, but I messed up at the end of step 4 in Enrique's book, page 64-65. As you can see I ended up with a parallel. I was having a tough time trying to figure out where to put that last string on step 4 so I am assuming that is where the mistake came from. The rest looks like a Spanish ring.

As you can see I ended up with a parallel.

Nope I can't see (no picture attached), but I believe you. ;)

Ha ha, you are right no picture...darn thing...anyway it looked OK except that it had a pararelle. have your pictures and Enrique's book in front of me of another try.

all the knots I know how to do and I can't figure this one out!!!!

How about this, I can do it every time with a piece of rope. I cannot get it at all with my leather, it has to be how the leather lays. I would appreciate any help. I have been at it for hours, I just can't get it.

post-6663-0-22029300-1374727706_thumb.jp

Well I finally figured it out and AFTER I tied my first one on leather this video was sent to me.

Maybe it will help someone else in the future.

That's the great & sad thing about this site, we all get to learn from your problems. Glad you got it figured out. Buck

Edited by bucksnort

Well it was to big so I did gauch knots with 1/16" string. So all that trouble and I didn't use it, but at least I learned a new knot.

Well i didn't take a picture of the finished ROUND knot, but I swear did get it!! LOL...But if you have facebook you can see what I ended up using instead.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=554514821250641&set=a.551255361576587.1073741825.113553735346754&type=1&theater