Sign in to follow this  
idoru

today im my own hero

im in school learning leather, and i took work home thinking i would do some serious finish on my belt. I found myself forgetting my polishing bone at school.

I got a dog

she got a big shewed old bone laying on the floor

and you know what

i got this brilliant shine now

i just got to tell someone!

( i put on gelatin first)

/i

:NEWFUNNYPOST:

Got a smile out of your note. As the saying goes: "necessity is the mother of invention"

indeed it is!

I was hopeing others would share the same sort of ideas that just pop up when u need them, -like what do you do if you forgot your creaser?

I took one of my kitchen knifes with s soft round end, heated it on an candle and bobs your uncle!

I have sometimes used my life-eye (aka permalok) needle to pull out the end/beginning of lace when I'm double loop lacing (I try to use my stylus or something else instead). Thus my needle is now perpetually bent....

im in school learning leather, and i took work home thinking i would do some serious finish on my belt. I found myself forgetting my polishing bone at school.

I got a dog

she got a big shewed old bone laying on the floor

and you know what

i got this brilliant shine now

i just got to tell someone!

( i put on gelatin first)

/i

Good thinking, but I'm just as impressed that you have a school to learn leatherwork. I bet some enterprising person could make a go of it here in the States. There must still be plenty of people who'd like to take a professional leatherworking course. I know some guys teach saddlemaking, but there's tons of things a good course could include.

Good thinking, but I'm just as impressed that you have a school to learn leatherwork. I bet some enterprising person could make a go of it here in the States. There must still be plenty of people who'd like to take a professional leatherworking course. I know some guys teach saddlemaking, but there's tons of things a good course could include.

Its a 3 year long course and the only one here in scandinavia. It could really do whith a really good teacher in craftmanship( is it called that, tooling and carving) since its a school of scandinavian tradition and we never really carved in leather to make pictures,patterns and braiding the way you do over seas. So we learn to make harness and driving gear and some saddlemakeing and repairs. But I got to say Im loving every minute of it.

this is my class

www.saddlerynewbies.blogspot.com

if you go there, be sure to say hi!

braid.jpg

post-7937-1228941746_thumb.jpg

Edited by idoru

I have sometimes used my life-eye (aka permalok) needle to pull out the end/beginning of lace when I'm double loop lacing (I try to use my stylus or something else instead). Thus my needle is now perpetually bent....

hey wildrose

i went to look at your page

and it kind of look scandinavian!

celtic style is really big here as well, i liked your cat and the dragon!

/i

Thanks! I find alot of the Celtic work has Scandinavian/Norse origins.