Hello, just found this site and I think it is great. Have been building western holsters for a while now, and have been self taught. I can see that this site could be a great place for help and ideas. Let me know what you think of this latest rig. Thanks

Double_rig.JPG

post-8307-1230673664_thumb.jpg

That looks sweet! Nice Job!

Welcome to the Forum, CedarCreek. Nice job on that piece. You'll be an asset to us all, I'm sure, and hopefully back at Ya.

Real nice work. Welcome to our little corner of the greatest leathercrafting website out there.

Randy

Beautiful workmanship. Keep posting.

Cedar Creek,

great work and welcome to the forum. its great to see another western holster maker here.

your belt appears to be lined. if it is lined i will suggest one thing to improve the look of the belt. when you line the belt weave the bullet loops before you put the lining in.

if its not lined forgive my bad eyes.

Thanks all for the complements and suggestions. I am glad I found this site. I have had to solve all my design issues and construction questions on my own. It will be nice to have a place to ask questions. I mainly build western rigs for a gun shop in my home town. But I would like to try some concealed carry holsters.

Yes, the belt is lined with pig suede and all hand stitched. The only reason I do not lace the bullet loops under the lining is for maintanence reasons. It was my thought that if I ever needed to repair a belt or bullet loop, I could easily remove and relace new loops. I agree it would look nicer and the chances of ever needing to relace the loops is probably pretty slim. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks

Thanks all for the complements and suggestions. I am glad I found this site. I have had to solve all my design issues and construction questions on my own. It will be nice to have a place to ask questions. I mainly build western rigs for a gun shop in my home town. But I would like to try some concealed carry holsters.

Yes, the belt is lined with pig suede and all hand stitched. The only reason I do not lace the bullet loops under the lining is for maintanence reasons. It was my thought that if I ever needed to repair a belt or bullet loop, I could easily remove and relace new loops. I agree it would look nicer and the chances of ever needing to relace the loops is probably pretty slim. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks

the one belt that i made bout 6 years ago i lined after i weaved the loops through.

the loops are still looking great no need for replacing as of yet. granted this belt does not see alot of heavy duty work. i designed it for cowboy action shooting. bullets stay in loops for show and thats all.

you may try putting glue only on the area around the loops (not on bullet loop leather). this way if the need shows up you can spread the leather apart and weave it through again from the front of the belt.