Sign in to follow this  
usmc0341

Ruger Security Six Holster

Haven't posted here in awhile so I'm about due to put some work up. Hopefully I'm improving but what I see and what other people see are two different things! ;) Anyway this was my grandpa's .357 that I just came in possession of. He died when I was in first grade so this gun means alot to me. I thought it needed some new leather since it came with a shoulder holster and I'm not big on them. Hope you enjoy and all critiques are welcome. By the way it's handstitched.

2mdp0sg.jpg

4h39k0.jpg

35041gi.jpg

Nicely done!

Maybe a bit more coverage of the trigger guard, at least over the trigger itself.

And the stitching could be a bit closer to the bottom of the barrel.

Yeah, the trigger guard coverage was a minor miscalculation on my part. :oops: The stitch lines at the barrel are pretty tight though other then where the half underlug is. I thought about trying to follow the underlug but chose to just do a straight line instead.

I thought about trying to follow the underlug but chose to just do a straight line instead.

That's because you are considering getting one with a full underlug and wanted to be able to use the same holster.....correct? :innocent:

Bronson

I like it. I make some similar to it. They carry very well.

That's because you are considering getting one with a full underlug and wanted to be able to use the same holster.....correct? :innocent:

Bronson

You are correct sir!

The 1st real cartridge pistol I purchased ,when I was a was but a pup of 21 years back in 1979, was a stainless Ruger.357 Security Six with a 4 inch barrel. Got brand new it at Furrs grocery in Lubbock TX for a whopping $150 out the door.

RoughRider

The 1st real cartridge pistol I purchased ,when I was a was but a pup of 21 years back in 1979, was a stainless Ruger.357 Security Six with a 4 inch barrel. Got brand new it at Furrs grocery in Lubbock TX for a whopping $150 out the door.

RoughRider

I'll give you $200 for it! :thumbsup: