Sign in to follow this  
Tallbald

Question On Bobbin Winder, Cowboy Cb3500 Please.

It's evening and I'm really getting to try my new CB3500 for the first time. Most information available seems geared to the 4500 which has an integral winder, instead of the off-the-machine winder setup of my 3500. I'm sure it's there but I cannot locate the instructions. How should I be threading my winder, or rather how many wraps around the tensioner before going through the eye guide above the tensioner? I tried to find a youtube video without success. Thanks. Don

Go through the eye and through the tension disk pull back to your bobbin and wind a few wraps on the bobbin push it till it goes against the belt step on the gas and wind your bobbin when your bobbin is full it will snap back. You can fill a bobbin while your sewing something else.

Edited by dirtclod

From the spool on the thread stand straight upto the guide on the thread stand, eye needs to be directly over the center of the spool. Next go through the eye on the winder, then back around the tension disc making sure to pull it in between the discs fully then forward to the bobbin. Should be a lever next to the contact wheel that you press so the wheel makes contact with the belt, hold the thread snug and hit the gas. At least thats how my table mounted winders work.

Good luck and enjoy your machine

Apparently I type slow. Dirtclod beat me

Edited by J Hayes

Thank you all so much. I was doing it bass ackwards. Oh. And I am having a ball. Sewing thick leather with this machine instead of the hand stitching I have become unable to do any more gives me the same satisfaction that I think using a bulldozer would for the first time if all I had ever used before was a shovel. Don