cdurkinz

Questions About Pfaff 145

So I have been wondering this for a while, my Pfaff 145 H4 is in excellent condition, the only thing I sort of dislike about it is how often I am changing bobbins.

I have searched far and wide about this, and cannot find a conclusive answer either way. Will the Large M size bobbin case and hook from a Pfaff 545 bolt right into my Pfaff 145 H4? I believe they are almost identical besides the bobbin size, and I would really REALLY appreciate any information anyone has about this. I am tempted to just buy the 545's bobbin assembly and try to install it, but if it doesn't work I'd be out $100.

I have to imagine that a larger bobbin hook might be too close to the needle? Has anyone tried this?

You can move the hook saddle a bit to the right but I don´t know if the the hook saddle is the same as on the 545. I think at least the bobbin case opener is different because of the larger bobbin. But it would be intersecting to know if this modification is possible.

Won't work. Take up lever and latch opener.

Regards, Eric

Won't work. Take up lever and latch opener.

Regards, Eric

What if I were to replace those with Pfaff 545 parts as well? Or is that not possible?

Thank you for the responses though!

The size of the gears, cams, connecting rods, top and bottom shaft timing are all engineered for the size of the hook and the rotation as it relates to the other components, not just the latch opener and take-up levers. My advice is to get a machine with the bobbin size you need. After 35 years, I will make modifications on machines if they are reasonable and won't affect the overall performance or function. Better off to sell or trade in your current machine for one with larger bobbins.

Regards, Eric

Hahaha, ok... I don't know how all the internal parts and components go together so I'm sorry for pushing it. I will just have to keep a look out for a good deal on a large bobbin machine.

Thank you Eric.

Edited by cdurkinz