EmbossingDieCompany

Website For Custom Leather Goods

I ran across a website today: CustomMade.com that some people might want to check out.

The website is for people who want to request custom made items......and they do have a section for leather goods.

Since the cost to set up a shop is only $1 per year and you pay 10% of the cost of the custom item to the website (which can be built into your "bid") I thought it might be good exposure for a few people.

Even if you don't win any bids, I'm sure people who are looking for custom made leather items will check out the shops of the leatherworkers on there.

If anyone has or had a shop on there, please chime in with your experience.

I have a CustomMade account and can tell you that the majority of the people who are looking to have custom made items are actually looking for some poor sap to make their product line because they don't know how to. I have not yet found one single individual who was looking for that unique custom item for a friend or as a gift to someone. Every contact that I have started ends up asking for 1000 units per month on an item that you have to design, support and make and then adds on the fact that their research indicates that each piece can be done for x dollars (which is way off on all levels) which they will then sell under their brand and market as their original and unique designs and craftsmanship.

When it comes to our art form, it is better to just market yourself through your own sources and stay away from these places. Besides, if you take a look at the majority of those selling in the leather category, you will find that the quality of craftsmanship and artwork are not of the highest standards, some are outright terrible looking.

I found that site too and I setup a profile. I haven't completed my profile yet though and I'm thinking about just deleting myself off of it. 10% take seems a bit too high for me.

I found that site too and I setup a profile. I haven't completed my profile yet though and I'm thinking about just deleting myself off of it. 10% take seems a bit too high for me.

Andy, check out Craftstack. They're a new site, but I've had several conversations with the owner and he's a really good guy that's trying to actually promote their sellers. I have a store setup, just haven't put anything in it yet. It's a pretty reasonable price for unlimited selling.

Hi everyone,

It is really very nice and informative forum thanks for sharing ....