Sign in to follow this  
harley45

Ruger Blackhawk Blue Gun?

I have a customer who wants a holster and I was curious what you guys use as a mold? I don't own a blackhawk quite yet.

Thanks,

Eric

Bunkhouse Tool Co. the site Paul gives the link to above has an ebay store under duckcreektraders they list there stuff lower then their on line store. Currently they have the Blackhawk listed at $28.50.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackhawk-6-1-2-Holster-Mold-Cast-Resin-Polymer-/221500533656?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339275eb98

New model or old model? NM is smaller and you can use a NM Vaquero, a Colt, or Colt clones except or the tall front sight. 'Course, both models have the tall front sight. However the frame and cylinder is bigger on the OM.

Not sure about the 'old' version Red, but I have that 'dummy' they're talking about. Cylinder is 1.700" (ish), and the holster resulting from it fits the NM pretty sweet. No idea how that relates to the old one ... :dunno:

I kinda cheated on this one and went out and bought a real gun, I had my eye on it anyway.

Kind of a weak excuse to buy a gun :) but hey.............

I actually showed my wife the emails I have several guys interested in CC holsters for this model which at first I found odd but then figured what the heck....

There are bigger guns, but that blackhawk is likely a bit tough to 'conceal'. I got a fella up this way, showed me his Super Redhawk - wants a shoulder holster for it. Barrel should be right about mid-thigh :)

Oh, maybe it helps to show your wife how you SAVED $35 (ish) by not needing the dummy gun? No?

Edited by JLSleather

Mine is a New Model Blackhawk in 44 special, I think its about the same as my Full Size 1911s. Not my cup of tea as a carry gun but I'll do a couple of holsters and see where it goes.

There are bigger guns, but that blackhawk is likely a bit tough to 'conceal'. I got a fella up this way, showed me his Super Redhawk - wants a shoulder holster for it. Barrel should be right about mid-thigh :)

Oh, maybe it helps to show your wife how you SAVED $35 (ish) by not needing the dummy gun? No?

You might want to talk that customer in to a cross chest / bandolier type of holster, especially with the longer barreled (9.5")model. I have an average length torso & a 50" chest and my 7.5" 44 mag filled up the front of my hunting jacket with a nylon bandolier holster. If I had the scope on it, it would be even worse. That is just a B F pistol.

Yep, Kenny's is the .44 with the 7.5" barrel. He's a lot bigger 'n' me, but still ...