Sign in to follow this  
wildrose

The kindness of strangers

I'd written under another heading that I was seeking one or more of Tandy's old briefcase kits. My husband and I love ours, but they're falling apart. I know my husband really REALLY wanted another one. After seeing no replies, I'd given up hope.

Thursday night, our basement flooded. We have a finished basement, which includes my shop, our computer desk, play space for our son, a bathroom, and a library area. Almost all was under water. After a day of rain, the drain outside my shop entrance had backed up, and the water had flowed under the door and throughout the basement - beginning with my shop. Thankfully, over years of bad basement experiences, I keep whatever is floor level in plastic containers, and the leather was all up on shelving. HOWEVER, I had to rip up the carpeting in the room, and the main room is still stinky (we sucked up as much water from THAT carpet as we could)

Through all of this, I thought I could cry. THEN....Friday, the mail carrier came knocking on my door....and there is a package...hmmmm....not expecting anything. Don't recognize the name right off....I open it: and it's a briefcase kit!!!! Hip hip hooray!!!!! Thank you Robert Greene, you are the best!

What a bright spot in a lousy 24 hrs!!!

Great story! I'm sorry to hear about your basement. We got the same storms you did, a day or so before. I'm glad to see you were delivered a ray of sunshine along with the gloom and rain.

Thats really cool!