I made this for a youngster's cap gun....it's not perfect but quite the upgrade from the plastic one that came with the gun.

This was a good learning experience, and already know how to improve on things....like maybe make it fit the gun a little better.

I look forward to the next one......

IMG_9380.jpg

Very nicely done. I particularly like the color. One my screen, it's a little hard to see well, but it looks like the stitching is a little close to the edge. Then again, it may just be my screen. Overall, it's an excellent 'proof of concept', and even better, you know what you'd change for the next one(s).

congrats on a nice holster.

you relaize that holster will be around longer then that toy gun.

Very nice!

Great looking holster Ray.Dave

That is 10 times better than the cheap leather holsters my brothers' toy guns came with when I was a kid. They were still leather at the time (not plastic, like they are now), but not very good leather, and the workmanship was of course nothing close to this! I'd say that should become an heirloom to the kid who got that piece.

Kate

nice work I particularly like the color.

nice work I particularly like the color.

Thanks for all ya'llz kind words.....I really am itching to make another one...if only for the resume in my mind....

Yhe color....oh the color........I've already beaten this one to death but it about how I miss Pro Dye.....Feibings' colors just don't match up ( I know, I know...Feibings made Pro Dye, but WHY then is Feibings TAN toatlly diff. than Pro Dye's TAN????).......plus, on this project, I used W&C for the holster and another famous store brand for the belt, so what do you get, two totally differant colors while using the same dye. But I was quite sure my 9 year-old buddy wasn't gonna mind.

Thanks again.

That's pretty darn good for a first holster!! Nice stitching. Looks great! Heck I'd like to have it for one of my guns!!

:thumbsup:

Wow that anice holster. I am getting ready to make one for my .38. Problem is it's a hammerless pistol so I came up with an idea for it. Will show it when I get it done.

Really fine job you did there!

Looks good to me. I bet that kid is really happy. You said you wanted to form the holster to the gun more. In my opinion it looks perfect as it is. Remember cowboy style holsters were not fitted as much as newer holster are. I've seen some that people wet mold tightly to the gun and I don't believe that it looks right to me. I wouldn't change anything.

Looks good to me. I bet that kid is really happy. You said you wanted to form the holster to the gun more. In my opinion it looks perfect as it is. Remember cowboy style holsters were not fitted as much as newer holster are. I've seen some that people wet mold tightly to the gun and I don't believe that it looks right to me. I wouldn't change anything.

Good point, in fact I was thinking that on my next western type I wouldn't wet-form it as much.

Thanks.