cgleather

Made A Sheath For My Other Round Knife

Built this one today and made changes as I went. I don't know if I like how it turned out yet. One thing I can say is my machine and I were working together alot better than on the first one.

001.JPG

002.JPG

post-9374-125272562622_thumb.jpg

post-9374-125272563848_thumb.jpg

That is excellent! Awesome design and very clean execution! You should be proud of this one! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

That is excellent! Awesome design and very clean execution! You should be proud of this one! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Thank You. I think the stamp I used was a little to big. I have one just like it but smaller, may not have been as over powering. Thanks again for the thumbs up.

Thats another nice looking sheath Billy, keep up the good work

Built this one today and made changes as I went. I don't know if I like how it turned out yet. One thing I can say is my machine and I were working together alot better than on the first one.

Really nice sheath....good job!

Bobby

Thanks Ian and Bob. Still have a long way to go.

Your humbleness does you credit. Your words remind me of something my Grandfather taught me a long time ago. He was a rancher and a cowboy and loved his horses but he could string a thought or two together.

"When your green you're growing and when you're ripe you rot." Translation~When you continually want to learn and to gain new knowledge and want to better yourself, then you will grow...however when you think you know it all then you might as well start digging a hole in the ground and jump in for then you are as good as dead.

So may we all  be evergreen and our pine cones bring forth new light and others who wish  to travel on the path of knowledge.

Thanks Ian and Bob. Still have a long way to go.

Great job, nice clean lines. I do have a question though, what do you have behind it in the background?

Ross

Great job, nice clean lines. I do have a question though, what do you have behind it in the background?

Ross

Funny but I was wondering the same thing. My guess is an old beer tap puller!!!! :cheers:

Great looking for sure....but what keeps the knife from sliding out of it?

Great looking for sure....but what keeps the knife from sliding out of it?

They are going to hang on a board mounted to the wall by my bench. They will not be traveling in these so I figured they didn't need to be secured in.

Ross

It is a embossing carriage that I bought from a friend. It was made by Blanchard, I think English made. It has stitch marking wheels for 9, 10, 12, and 14 stitches per inch. Someone has enlarged the holes of some Osborne embosing wheels so they fit it. They are all stored in the brass ball at the top. I took some picks for a closer look. (:Does look alot like a tap handle Storm :).

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

post-9374-125279604089_thumb.jpg

post-9374-125279604765_thumb.jpg

post-9374-125279605615_thumb.jpg

Edited by cgleather

That has got to be one of the most awesome  pieces of leather equipment I have ever seen. And I'll bet it cost a touch more than beer tap pull!  Beauty and function all in one!

It is a embossing carriage that I bought from a friend. It was made by Blanchard, I think English made. It has stitch marking wheels for 9, 10, 12, and 14 stitches per inch. Someone has enlarged the holes of some Osborne embosing wheels so they fit it. They are all stored in the brass ball at the top. I took some picks for a closer look. (:Does look alot like a tap handle Storm :).

Thanks for the heads up, I had to come check it out. Those ol' boys from Globe sure have been good to you, really a cool old tool!

...made by Blanchard, I think English made. It has stitch marking wheels for 9, 10, 12, and 14 stitches per inch. Someone has enlarged the holes of some Osborne embosing wheels so they fit it. They are all stored in the brass ball at the top. I took some picks for a closer look. (:

French made I think. A lovely tool, both to look at & in concept. Too expensive for my modest needs/budget though. Lucky you, finding a good used one :)

Very nice way to hold and display the knife. Great workmanship and a pleasure to see.

Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

God Bless.

Ray