I posted a couple of items in another section of the forum and was hoping for more feedback than I received. Perhaps I should have posted it here in the holster section. I made these and have since been swamped with other orders so the local people seem to like them. Really would like to get y'alls opinion though. I'll be posting a couple more in a day or two in other styles and different exotics.

Here is where I posted them earlier:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=51519

Not having a sewing machine the stitching to me looks good the only thing I really see is the edges. If you use an edge beveler and bevel both sides you can. Then take an edge slicker or even a piece of denim from an old pair of jeans (it's what I use) and dampen down the edges before dying then start rubbing rubbing rubbing. It'll give your edges a much cleaner more rounded appearance all in all though other than that I myself really don't see much to critique

Well, you asked for feedback so here is my $0.02 worth.

Nice execution overall. Edge finishing has been addressed by others, so no need for further comment.

Everything in holster design involves compromises among the 4 basic factors of comfort, accessibility, security, and concealability. Whenever one factor is emphasized there will be compromises in the other factors.

My feedback addresses the accessibility factor of your design. The pistol rides with its trigger guard completely enclosed (not a bad thing) but the extended portion forming the rear belt attachment point is so close to the grip-frame that it would be impossible to obtain a solid or correct "shooting" grip on the pistol during the draw. The result will be that the user will have to shift the pistol in his hand to get a proper grip prior to being able to use the weapon.

You might want to consider a slight increase in ride height and recontouring the "wings" (belt attachment points on the pancake-style holsters) to allow sufficient space for the hand to grip the pistol naturally and correctly during the draw.

For what it may be worth.

I'm with Lobo on the grip, at least looking at the pictures. I have big hands, so I don't want to be dragging knuckles or forcing my hand in to get the gun. I want a solid grip right from the holster. The only 2 places my fingers touch the leather are my index finger is straight along the slide and the knuckle of my next finger usually just touches the area covering the trigger guard once I get a full grip.

I definitely see what y'all are saying. I guess my concern was making sure that the weapon was secure in the holster since I wasn't using a retaining strap. Here is another style I just finished for my brother out of cayman (insert). It will also pose the same problems. Also wish everyone didn't want the lacquer finish. Much too shiny for my taste, but this is Texas Ha-Ha.

temporary_zps42fde7eb.jpg

temporary_zpsde4c03cb.jpg

temporary_zps779b9f99.jpg

temporary_zps8312b24c.jpg

temporary_zpsf6a43180.jpg

I like it! A unique style and excellent construction. There are many things you could do to "improve" it, but the most worthwhile improvements would mirror what's been said above: clear the leather away at the welt until there is room for the full knuckle on the second finger; and uncover that mag button both sides.

Then, why not give yourself more strength at the belt tunnel, by at least double stitching it. If you'll also give a bit of attention to the tunnel's styling, to reflect the original effort that's gone into the holster body itself, it will add more value to the style and strength of the tunnel than you'd think.