llh

Wanted: Info As To Where I Can Buy, "all Leather" Quality Billfold Insides.

Does any of you leather toolers know where I can purchase billfold kits, mainly looking for billfold insides made completely out of leather. TANDY used to be my go to place back in the old days, but they now get a majority of thier stuff from China and it sure isn't quality anymore. snlhahn@cableone.net

Springfield Leather.

Art

Does any of you leather toolers know where I can purchase billfold kits, mainly looking for billfold insides made completely out of leather. TANDY used to be my go to place back in the old days, but they now get a majority of thier stuff from China and it sure isn't quality anymore. snlhahn@cableone.net

Email sent

Unfortunately any pre-made wallet parts are made from bonded leather and it will never last. I pre-cut all the parts myself from 1.5-2 oz chrome tanned leather and separate them into small boxes for later use. Then either hand sew them or by machine. Hand sewing takes a lot longer but will last a lifetime. It can be done while watching TV or sitting waiting for a Dr appointment. It always gets people asking questions and adds more customers when you have a finished product with you to show them. I even got permission to do it in a hospital room when I had several weeks from back surgery. It kept my mind off the pain and also sold things to the nurses and Dr. who came in to check me.