bill2750

Consew 206Rb Timing Question

I recently purchased this 206RB-2 and got a great price because it would not sew properly. Missed stitches and or it would not pick up the bobbin thread at all. The machine is practically new and has been stored in a garage for many years. I thought it was worth the gamble an purchased it. I went thru the manual and set the timing of the hook and needle as described and the machine is now humming along beautifully. My question is regarding the white dot on the body by the hand wheel (see picture) and the corresponding white dot on the hand wheel (not shown). I do not see any mention in the manual about them and they did not come into play in the timing procedure. Am I missing something? They must be associated with some type of timing is my guess. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you, Bill

Edited by bill2750

Here is the image

post-58683-0-80573700-1427310182_thumb.j

I don't know, I will have to check that later when I get home. I haven't had any issues with removing the bobbin but did not notice the alignment of the marks.

I just checked my 206rb1

When the dots align, the feed dog reaches its highest and furthest back point. Removing the bobbin is easy in this position.

I was just noticing the white dots today on my 206RB, and wondered the exact same thing. The bobbin loading makes perfect sense. I've really just learned by looking at the presser foot position for bobbin loading and unloading. Did you get a good deal for the RB2? It looks brand new!

Henrye & Colt:

I figured someone on here would know what the dots were for, thank you.

Chavez:

I think it was a good deal for $475, and yes it looks brand new. I think it has been sitting in this lady's garage for the past 18 years and not being used. She claimed to only use it a couple times. I don't know what a "couple " means, but it definitely did not see much use. My guess is it was more than she could handle.

I bought my Consew 206RB1 for 400$, and its nearly 40 years old and was used in a commercial holster business. Still sewing strong. I think you got a great deal.

I bought a servo motor from Cowboy Bob Kovar to put on mine, makes it a lot more controllable.

Put a servo and speed reducer on mine, and have been very pleased with it as well! The old clutch motor was always off to the races for me.

I put the speed reducer and a 2" (clutch) motor pulley on it from my 111w and it is sewing like a dream. Goes as slow as I need and as fast also. I am really liking having Reverse for the first time :thumbsup:

Edited by bill2750