rcsaddles

21St Rocky Mountain Leather Trade Show

It's time to start thinking about the show in Sheridan, WY again. I always have a great time there. This year I will be teaching workshops on cutting and beveling both rawhide and leather lace. Intermediate braiding, in which we will be doing a 7 part 6 bight turks head, that same turks head with the interweave and a Spanish ring knot. I will also be doing some personal training on Friday and Saturday.

The lace cutting class will also have Nick Carter helping teach and in both my classes, Brian Kidd, aka Knot Head, will be a guest teacher. I talked Brian into coming out to the show.

If anyone is interested in any of the workshops contact Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal at www.leathercraftersjournal.com or 1-888-289-6409.

you consider 7l x 6b turks head knot with interweave to be "intermediate" then? I ask because I'm doing many more complicated knots than those and spanish ring knots and still consider myself a beginner. lol

what would you consider "advanced" level knot-tying then?

Joe, I Put my entry in the mail today. Buck

Great to hear, Buck. I've been thinking about calling you but when I consider it, I get busy and can't. Are you going to make it to Sheridan?

If you are going to enter something into the 'Stand Alone Tooled" category. Could the item have an inlay and also some tooling?

Joe, I'm planning to be there & hand deliver my entries. Buck

Bluesman, not sure about the answer to your question. If you can't determine that by the book, call the Journal and ask Brian. He is in charge and will know.

thanks for answering my question above. :(