The Dawg Club

What Sewing Machines Do You Have? Shop/home

Please post up pics if available and any extra info about it that you like. I appreciate all the info i've learned untill wee-hours of the morning from this site.

1: Juki DSU-145 equipped with a Reliable servo motor. I purchased it from someone that use to make handbags. It can sew most of the collars we make when we use 1/8" padding inside, not so well when I use 1/4" padding. I also use this machine to do all of the letters to collars/leashes.

2: Adler 867 M-type temporary equipped with a Family servo motor, and adjustable guide. This does our collars with 1/4" padding with NO problems. It has a 20mm pressor foot lift. I'm really satified with this machine.

Next...I would like to own a Patcher(29K) and a 441.

Thanks in advance for anyone that shares their equipment!

Malik

post-28387-0-10840000-1376431104_thumb.j

post-28387-0-37455500-1376431135_thumb.j

post-28387-0-00905400-1376431176_thumb.j

Nice clean setup there Malik. I like the looks of your collars too.

Here's where I play for 40 hours a week. I'm the head mechanic in a sewing factory. We are independant contractor and will sew anything that comes our way. Right now we're making jeans, casual slacks, goretex jackets and pants, Lycra equestrian breeches, misc. outerwear (jackets) and leather welding jackets for the US Navy. We have about 600 machines total, and about 120 out on the production floor. I'm the head mechanic and keep things running. My personal machines are in storage right now, but I have a Singer 111, 112 and a Union Special 39500 industrial serger.

Regards, Eric

post-33297-0-42223700-1376439667_thumb.j

post-33297-0-58185500-1376439680_thumb.j

Edited by gottaknow

Thanks Eric! It gets a little easier and better everytime.

I wanted to take my 2 lil machines down after looking at your pics. Lolol...looks like the playland of sewing machines. Thanks for posting!

Malik

It doesn't matter what you make or how you do it Malik. It all starts with just one machine, one idea. Your products look sharp! I'm of the opinion that everyone can learn something from someone else. Oddly enough, even with just about every machine known to man, I choose to hand sew my holsters. This site has been a gold mine of knowledge since I started.

Regards, Eric

Glad to see there's still garment manufacturing in the US!

Malik, how much does something like the 867 cost?

Personally for me, Artisan Toro 3000 (441 clone), Pfaff 335, Consew 206-RB5, and Consew 206RB-3 (got that for free). The last three machines all have Positioner servos, speed reducers, and adjustable guides.

I actually should sell one of the consews since I don't really have a need for it.

Andrew

Right now I have the following industrial machines in use.

• Cowboy CB4500 heavy leather stitcher (w/servo)
  • National 300N walking foot machine (w/servo)
  • Singer 139 long body, walking foot machine (w/servo)
  • Singer 29k172 long arm, big bobbin patcher (foot treadle)
  • Singer 31-15 straight stitch machine (w/servo)
  • Fortuna bell knife skiver (clutch motor)
  • Pfaff 4 thread, two needle portable serger

Additionally, I own the following, fully functional domestic sewing machines, which I sometimes use.

• 1921 Singer 66 Red Eye mounted onto a table with knee lever speed controller
  • 1942 Kenmore Rotary Deluxe, mounted on a table with a knee lever controller
  • 1970s Kenmore 158.142 cam driven multi-function sewing machine, Does 3/4 inch embroidered letters.
  • 1980s Janome New Home electronic sewing machines, for pattern stitching and various zig-zags.
  • Mint, 1953 Singer 15-91, with rebuilt motor.
  • Near mint, 1929 Singer 99, with a removable knee lever speed controller, in a bentwood case.

Nice assortment Wiz. Those 70's era Kenmores are decent machines. My mom's got an early 50's Morse in a real nice cherry cabinet with the knee lever controller. The casting is stamped Toyota Mtrs. It was the first machine I sewed on when I was probably 10 or so. Oh, and are you happy with the Janome from that era?

Regards, Eric

too many machines to actually do anything with ....I have run out of space. [lol!! can't even get a decent photo of the stacked menagerie]

but in additon to what is listed in my details ,I have developed a nasty new habit in collecting domestics.

have ..

Husqvarna 6440 [x2]

Elna SU Carina

Bernina 830

these have been bought for particular light work within bag linings [cloth].

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Andrew...they cost about $3000 and up depending what model you get. I lucked out and acquired mine just under a grand.

Edited by The Dawg Club

Lets start from the largestl

Landis #3

Singer 97-10

Singer 7-33

Singer 111w155

Juki 562

Singer 31-15

Singer 29k-4

Looking for a Singer 153

Nice assortment Wiz. Those 70's era Kenmores are decent machines. My mom's got an early 50's Morse in a real nice cherry cabinet with the knee lever controller. The casting is stamped Toyota Mtrs. It was the first machine I sewed on when I was probably 10 or so. Oh, and are you happy with the Janome from that era?

Regards, Eric

Eric;

The Janome New Home came to me with the Pfaff serger and it was almost seized. After freeing it up and getting it back into order it sews like a champ. It even does a couple of small alphabets, like for names on shirt cuffs.

The patterns can be mirrored, stretched or widened, making for some interesting layouts.

Of course, the machine cannot sew over 3/16 inch without great difficulty, nor use anything stronger than B69, but it wasn't meant to.

Hi All I have a mixed bag of machines also:

Singer 45k1 from 1915

Singer 31k15 with knee lifter and converted from treadle to electrical.

Singer 201k and a few other domestics for zigzag stitches etc.

I am not that good with them, I am on a steep learning curve. But I have been lucky and picked up all my machines at very cheap prices. So it has not been a very expensive hobby yet! I am still after my dream 29k patcher maybe one day if I am really really good. :rolleyes2:

I'll play --

Industrials:

Singer 111WSV71 w/ Clutch

Pfaff 145-H4 w/ Enduro SM645-1P Servo Motor

Adler 167-GK373 w/ Clutch Motor

Domestics:

(2) Singer 201-2

(3) Singer 15-91

Singer 221 (Featherweight)

Wilcox & Gibbs Chainstitcher (~1890s w/ motor from the 30's)

Harris "B." Handcrank Shuttle Bobbin

Brother SE400

Singer Overlock

IMG_20130726_082647.jpgw696_10100829854297198_513161905_n.jpg

My pail of stitchers..

My favorite..Adler 105-64, my work horse Adler 267...nice, my baby, Singer 99K, my old one Singer 188, My stable one Singer 111-155, my solid as a tank one...Singer 211-155, ohh and had an Adler 30-1...sold it....could just about cry about been that fulish...haha..my next one is an Adler 205..ahhhhh...

A Campbell would be next after that...u know, the one sews over a new penny!!!!!!!!!!!Jimbob

Adler 205-374 with an EFKA Variostop motor, JUKI LU-563 (EFKA Variostop motor) and an Adler 30-1

As of now I have a pearson #6 a phaff 1245 and a singer patcher. The #6 is by far my favorite.

Mike

I have in my shop set up and running:

Juki 441

Sewpro mini 441

Ase #9

Adler 467

Singer 29-4

Pfaff Powerline 2545-700; Pfaff 1425; Global 9335 WF B-LH (335 clone); Willcox & Gibbs 4 thread overlock machine.

post-35611-0-78133100-1377853090_thumb.j

post-35611-0-00691000-1377853160_thumb.j

If anyone cares, I have a 211A at home that I use.

I care. That's why we have this forum. You're a member just like the rest of ussens.

I care. That's why we have this forum. You're a member just like the rest of ussens.

Warms my heart, thanks. I had a Bernina 217 commercial zig zag, a Consew 206RB-1 (until I had to bring it back to the shop for a sale) and now the 211A reg. bobbin walking foot with reverse.

Like I tell folks, I sell the paint brushes, but I'm no Picasso. I do simple repairs and patches on Judo/Jui-Jujitsu gi and kimonos, patches, and hemming pants for the most part. I always find things to sew up, and used the machine last at home a few days ago actually.

My next thing I want to do is work more with the embroidery machine line that we sell, so I can learn more about it, doing it, and teaching embroidery. This means I better have some kind of a handle on the equipment and software, and I'm on the path. Just need more time, and people will be able to see shirts, towels, duffle bags, you name it, with embroidery at my home.

Thanks to everyone that has posted the equipment you use. And pics were a plus! Some don't know about so many different brands available. I know I keep seeing new ones. Most newbies just know of Singer and Kenmore from what they might have seen at home or grandmas. Lolol...Keep em coming please!!

That's all you need at home since you surrounded by so many at work. Lol

Check your pm

cobra4 with eps Juki lu563 singer 111-155 also a 111-151 necchi bu from 1953or54 mint and some others i just like them my wife once said ',...l.l.;l''/2'/.';;;;@@@///?

Hi all,

Like many others here I have to many machines right now and I am going to sell some of them (if I find the time to do it). In my one man`s shop I have a DA 267-373 Efka DC 1600, a Pfaff 345-H3 Cobra servo/speed reducer, a Singer 29K-72 with a clutch, 441 clone with Efka DC1550, old Sandt clicking machine and a Italian Alpha skiving machine.

Backup and for sale: Adler`s 204-64 Efka vario stop, 105-25 Clutch/speed reducer. 5-27 el. controlled clutch/speed reducer, 30-15 black on treadle (x 2), 30-7 green-12 volt Dc and treadle, Singer 236W-100 post/clutch, Pfaff 491 post Efka variostop and a complete shoe repair shop with German machines (every machine, even key copying machines and cash register, every thing you need to start including materials)

And I bought another big machine some days ago, it looked allot smaller in the picture than in real live. (I bought it over the phone) Its a big industrial Runo foam saw for cutting mattresses ( factory saw) Its a bit to big for my use, but its a very good machine (band knife) Anybody need one I could trade it for a smaller model or something else. he he :)

Thanks

Tor