Sign in to follow this  
Patrice

rant:french-canadian are oppressed by english-canadian and evil americans.

God i'm tired!

Everyday, i heard stupids things about how the french-canadian are oppressed by english-canadian and evil americans. :ranting:

The more we have canadian soldier deads in Afganistan, the more we are aginst sending ours soldiers there.

What i'm about to say may sounds racist, but i have study religion in university, and Islam is a warrior religion. Muslims fanatics wont stop until all the world is muslim.

I feel like i'm talking to deaf people: the think i'm crazy, but i'm looking what is happenning in France, Belgium, Dannemark, and muslims grows more and more fanatical and intolerant.

I fear the worst for, La Belle Province, (read Quebec here).

I wish i could be more fluent in english, so i could go live in Alberta and try to live in USA! I'm very tired about the way we look like we (Quebec) is the best place to live on earth, It used to be true til about 1995, ate of the second refferendum to see if we split of Canada. Poor quebequer... We should go over this silly question, burried the war axe and work harder...

Ok, i'm getting of the soap box. :soapbox:

Patrice I feel your pain.. it is hard to not notice that Islam seems to be preaching war more than peace but then you look at some of the more radical versions of each of the world religions and you see it also..

I agree with Patrice. Mathew, yes there are other religions with radical/hateful people BUT the religous leaders openly and publically condem the radicals. Not so with the muslims.

Is it because they are 'closet' supporters of this radicalism, or are they simply afraid of their own crazies- those who kill over cartoons?

Mahatma Gandhi said: "All religions are equally true and false. True because they are issued by God false because they are administered by man."

Look at the atrocities committed by Hitler most of which came down directly from the teachings of Martin Luther, or what about the crusades? So the Christian religion doesn’t need to look far to find its war like nature too. Perhaps it is mans weakness polluting the good in the universe whatever religion they are hiding behind.

I agree that the Muslum leaders should speak out but then the Christian leaders should be speaking out about Busch. Perhaps we should all take a lesson from Buddha and seek the middle.

You might enjoy a movie called What the Bleep Do We Know. Here is a group of people trying to change the attitude of the world. Quantum mechanics is teaching us that attitude is everything right down to the cellular level.

David Genadek

Come on down! I know I tear up the English language pretty well myself so you'll fit right in. We're finally seeing some warm weather so the time's right!

The language deal will fix itself in no time.

I never realized that Quebeccers felt that way about Americans. I know I've gotten what I perceived as an arrogant hmf! or two from locals when I was in Montreal, but I just figured it was because I probably came off as an ignorant tourist - I know just enough French to get myself thrown out of someplace! Ha!

I think all of our cultures suffer from too much negativity - too much focus on what we don't like, and not enough focus on what we actually want in the first place.

Kate

whatever i say now might not be based of a full understanding of the Muslim religion (never studied it formally)...but IMHO...the religion itself isn't necessarily to blame for the radical nut jobs that are carying out all of the bad stuff on the planet right now....it's just a sheild to make them feel justified in their actions...not the actual guide to their actions...Hitler was born and raised a roman catholic...but later just concidered himself a christian in general...he twisted his own interperetation and beliefs of the bible and christianity to justify to himself (and others) his actions...he believed that he was doing holy work by eradicating the "killers of jesus"...could you blame the bible for hitler's actions? the hollocaust?...i don't think you can...the same with neo-nazis and white supremecists...they generally concider themselves to be fundamental christians (most are protestants i believe)...and claim that the "work" they are doing is "holy" work handed down to them directly from god..

i don't think you can say that the turmoil in the middle east is an inherantly muslim issue...it's an issue of people misinterperating their religion and using their faith to further a personal cause..

might sound nuts here...but...it's generally assumed that the US has placed such an interest in the middle east because they (we) are just after oil....couldn't it be a pretty easy jump to say that these muslims/extremists in the middle east are fighting so hard for the same thing? if they can kick everyone NON muslim out of Iraq..they would be in control of the oil...they would be in control of the world...they could set their own prices, and do what they want...

any reference to religion being the cause for any of this war stuff...well...it's just a mask to hide the real reasons....just like any other "religious war"...anyone who thnks the crusades were really about religion...needs to read a little more...all actual wars start for one of two reasons....#1 taking land from someone else to make your "empire" larger #2 money....plain and simple...if you look back through history...any actual WAR that was ever started or entered into by another country....you'll see that SOMEONE had something very large to gain..and it's almost always monetary or based on land...sure...the atrocities of WWII were horrible...but i would postulate that this was not the primary cause for the US getting into WWII...no matter how many people claim it was

This is a very hard topiic to deal with as its not just in one country but a world wide agenda we in germany have the same problems as in the US or Canada monney being used from the goverment and the catholick church to fund the building of mosks in the large towns,

they did a survey their are more mosks in lare towns than churches be it catholick or protostant, maybe this should be a warning to us to stop wasting our funding and use it for more needing prodjects,

at the end of the day the muslims are not gratfull because they still go out and demonstrate on the streets and condem this countrys politics and the way they live here, they even want that their teachings be part of the schooling agenda here, come on they seem to be forgeting that they live in a foreighn country and they should adjust to that countrys laws and ways if they dont like it then go home,

as to the korahn teaching beeing violent, yes we clas it as beeing violent to todays standards and barbarick but back then it was seen differently and if you read the bible and take it word for word you would see it as the same, there is so much violence and killing and barbarick teachings in it,

maybe the muslims should just use the korahn as a guide line for the good things in life and chill out a bit more.