Jj5685

Leather Tooled Seat, Solo Fuel Bag And A Different Fork Bag Design

I re covered my factory seventy two seat for practice until I got a more comfortable seat. But now I think I may just keep it on. I tried making a fork bag like the guy with the wide glide i think it was, but I couldn't get 8/9oz. Leather to mold good so I made my own. It looked better before I got caught in the rain a few times but it's still holding up. Color looks to be fading or blending darker but antique hasn't run any with bee natural rtc. I keep it oiled with neets foot oil. Water will roll off the finish but it finds its way in though the edges and stains it.

Im needing to make a bag to put somewhere on right side to hold some wrenches, Allen wrenches, screw driver, and pressure gauge. What would y'all suggest, like a roll up bag... i figure I can strap to my shock or a fold over like my fuel bag? I'd like to sew pockets for each tool. But the belt gaurd is taking up a lot of room.

My awesome Sportster 72

20150823_174638_zpsv5uiszx3.jpg

After seat has been used for a month or so

20150823_174411_zpsuyz89vyl.jpg

And before it was Broke in

20150609_161022_zpsoloqe4xr.jpg

Solo bag

20150823_174433_zpsfjvt4lyn.jpg

Fork bag

20150823_174514_zpsiyikb9xx.jpg

20150823_174550_zpshcmcb4tn.jpg

It's not a teradactal, its a skeleton eagle. You can see it better in this one

20150720_203342_zpsjm6mf5cb.jpg

I try to mix dies differently to get several colors for each part but they blend together after awhile so it's basically a waste of time.

Awesome work! Skeleton Eagle- sweet! No other bike in the parking lot looks like yours. Well done.

I took it off. I havnt had a problem with rain making it a sponge. Which usually after a rain day I take it inside to the dehumidifier then oil it the next day