Sign in to follow this  
SteveJ

old and some new pics of stuff I have done

Here are some old and some new pics of stuff I have done.Some are historical reproductions,some are custom work. Haven't seen alot of this kind of style on the forum, so if you don't know what something is please don't hesitate to ask. spiderweb_bag__Medium___2_.jpg longknife__Medium_.jpg Scan_bag__Medium_.jpg star_cross__Medium_.jpg beavertail__Medium_.jpg ovalportmanteu__Medium_.jpg sqportmanteu__Medium_.jpg pipebag__Medium_.jpg mybag_horn5__Medium_.jpg servicestar2__Medium_.jpg 4heartdouble__Medium_.jpg starbelt__Medium_.jpg bagtwistedfringe__Medium___Medium_.jpg

post-1356-1177533776_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177533958_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177534164_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177534464_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177534628_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177534707_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177534776_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177534909_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177535106_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177535274_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177535396_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177535943_thumb.jpg

post-1356-1177536085_thumb.jpg

nice i like it, some nice hunting bags there and nice work, did you do thr scrimshaw on the horn yourself?

nice i like it, some nice hunting bags there and nice work, did you do thr scrimshaw on the horn yourself?

Thanks Don. I didn't do the scrimshaw work. A friend of mine made me the horn in exchange for a bag that he wanted. We were both happy with the trade, but I think I made out better on the deal.

Steve

It all looks fantastic to me, Steve. Congrats on some really nice work. Glad to see some historical patterns making it into the 21st century. :cheers:

Edited by abn

It all looks fantastic to me, Steve. Congrats on some really nice work. Glad to see some historical patterns making it into the 21st century. :cheers:

Thank you most kindly. I love the old stuff, and the folks that made them and used them.

I'd love to find out more about the stitched patterns into the leather. I love that, it looks awesome.

What is it called?

Here are some old and some new pics of stuff I have done.Some are historical reproductions,some are custom work. Haven't seen alot of this kind of style on the forum, so if you don't know what something is please don't hesitate to ask. spiderweb_bag__Medium___2_.jpg longknife__Medium_.jpg Scan_bag__Medium_.jpg star_cross__Medium_.jpg beavertail__Medium_.jpg ovalportmanteu__Medium_.jpg sqportmanteu__Medium_.jpg pipebag__Medium_.jpg mybag_horn5__Medium_.jpg servicestar2__Medium_.jpg 4heartdouble__Medium_.jpg starbelt__Medium_.jpg bagtwistedfringe__Medium___Medium_.jpg

Howdy Steve ,nice to see a BUCKSKINNER WORK When I learn to resize my photos,

I hope to show some of my work :cheers:

Edited by Luke Hatley

Steve love your work.. just wondering about the rolls.. what exactly are they? I was thinking map rolls but I am not sure

I'd love to find out more about the stitched patterns into the leather. I love that, it looks awesome.

What is it called?

Hello Hoyden,

I truly do not know if it has a actual name. It is simply using the stitching as part of the decoration. Allot of the patterns are native american or early american folk art. Some I have found from mueseum pieces, or pics of original bags. I don't know if that answers your question or not. Many originals were plain to the extreme, some used cutouts, and some used appliques. Many just had stitching that caught the owners fancy.

Steve

Howdy Steve ,nice to see a BUCKSKINNER WORK When I learn to resize my photos,

I hope to show some of my work :cheers:

Thank you Luke, I appreciate it. Would love to see some of your work, hopefully soon. Are you into the living history side of this? Would be great to see some 18th or early 19th century style gear.

Steve

Steve love your work.. just wondering about the rolls.. what exactly are they? I was thinking map rolls but I am not sure

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.

They are called portmanteu's, and think of them as colonial luggage. They were

made to carry personal belongings. They could be carried in a wagon, or buggy. Or they could be tied behind the saddle of your horse. Map cases were a good guess, but they were generally longer and round, with a cap on one end.

Steve

"Portmanteau" is the standard spelling, for the folks here who speak other languages. (It is amazing- in chat the other day we had people from three continents, and many of them could converse with each other in more than one language!)

Luke- download "Image Resizer" from MSPowertoys and install it. It will add a right click option to pictures to automatically resize them, with three different choices for size. It it very easy to use, and free.

SteveJ, what have you been working on lately? I've always liked buckskinner and reenactor events, do you go to those? Got any more pics to share? (hint hint!) :)

Johanna

"Portmanteau" is the standard spelling, for the folks here who speak other languages. (It is amazing- in chat the other day we had people from three continents, and many of them could converse with each other in more than one language!)

Luke- download "Image Resizer" from MSPowertoys and install it. It will add a right click option to pictures to automatically resize them, with three different choices for size. It it very easy to use, and free.

SteveJ, what have you been working on lately? I've always liked buckskinner and reenactor events, do you go to those? Got any more pics to share? (hint hint!) :)

Johanna

Hi Johanna, thanks for the spell check. Didn't think that looked right,but I was too lazy to check. I haven't been able to keep up with all the new postings, so I'm trying to get caught up. Such talent here, it's amazing.

I have been pretty busy with events since May. And it probably won't let up until Oct. I did get new stuff finished, and will try to post them soon. Thank you for asking.

I do have to admit that I love this time of year, every weekend is pretty much booked. It's a lot of fun being a demonstrator, and showing folks a different way, and a older way of doing something. But it's just as fun for me to grab my flintlock, and my bag and wander the woods for a few days. Just born a few hundred years too late I guess.

Steve

Hi Johanna, thanks for the spell check. Didn't think that looked right,but I was too lazy to check. I haven't been able to keep up with all the new postings, so I'm trying to get caught up. Such talent here, it's amazing.

I have been pretty busy with events since May. And it probably won't let up until Oct. I did get new stuff finished, and will try to post them soon. Thank you for asking.

I do have to admit that I love this time of year, every weekend is pretty much booked. It's a lot of fun being a demonstrator, and showing folks a different way, and a older way of doing something. But it's just as fun for me to grab my flintlock, and my bag and wander the woods for a few days. Just born a few hundred years too late I guess.

Steve

JOHANNA.....it says that i have to have windows xp :dunno:

Luke, what OS version do you have?

Johanna

Luke, what OS version do you have?

Johanna

OFFICE 2000............... :coffee:

Luke, Office 2000 is your Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc. It's software to run on your Windows computer. When you boot the computer, what does the splash screen say? Which flavor of Windows do you have?

Johanna

Luke, Office 2000 is your Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc. It's software to run on your Windows computer. When you boot the computer, what does the splash screen say? Which flavor of Windows do you have?

Johanna

ok lets try it again.. I have , Windows 2000 professional. :dunno: