RMB Custom Leather

Holster for new Ruger LCR .38 compact tactical revolver

Does anyone have a pattern , trace, or the ability to get one for the NEW Ruger LCR .38 which is a compact tactical revolver? See attached picture. :grouphug5vj5:

ruger_lcr_.38_special.jpg

post-7092-1237756226_thumb.jpg

Don't have a pattern - but that's sure a nice lookin shooter.

Have you called Ring's yet? I read on here somewhere they would possibly be making a dummy gun for the LCP. It is possible they might consider the LCR as well, although that is pure speculation on my part.

One of my holster clients has a LCR on order and want's a holster for it ASAP. When he gets the gun, I'll get the pattern- should be about a week left.

If you check the Ruger website, you should be able to pull some dimensions on it.

update: ruger website specifies the same fobus holster as the sp101, so dimensions should be reaaly close.

Edited by TwinOaks

One of my holster clients has a LCR on order and want's a holster for it ASAP. When he gets the gun, I'll get the pattern- should be about a week left.

If you check the Ruger website, you should be able to pull some dimensions on it.

update: ruger website specifies the same fobus holster as the sp101, so dimensions should be reaaly close.

That would be great if you could forward that to when you make that one. From what I have heard this is going to be a big seller. I would like to see in person.

Have you called Ring's yet? I read on here somewhere they would possibly be making a dummy gun for the LCP. It is possible they might consider the LCR as well, although that is pure speculation on my part.

Who is "Ring's"? I am not familiar with them. I am assuming that they would be a good supplier for the dummy guns so I would like to know more about where to get some of them. Thanks

I have the LCR with the Crimson Trace grips. It's vastly different (IMO) in comparison to the SP101, so using a holster made for that may or may not work.

RugerLCR.jpg

Edited by K-Man

I have the LCR with the Crimson Trace grips. It's vastly different (IMO) in comparison to the SP101, so using a holster made for that may or may not work.

RugerLCR.jpg

Do you have a scanner to scan a trace of the gun and email to me. It would be much appreciated. Below is my email

Contact these folks:

DUNCAN CUSTOMS, INC.

501 SALZBURG AVE.

BAY CITY, MI 48706

Phone: (989) 894-6691

Fax: (989) 894-6688

www.duncansoutdoor.com

They have an aluminum dummy gun version in stock.

An article in one of the gun mags said it would fit in J-frame holsters.

Here's a link

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satellite...+Brand+New+Spin

Hope that helps.

larrupin

A user could probably use an Uncle Mike's (or similar) holster for both. In my opinion, the molded leather or kydex holsters are going to require two different holsters:

LCRJ-framecompare.jpg