Bruno Rock

Mexican Double Loop Holster + Lined Ranger Style Gun Belt

Finally after 3 weeks of baby steps, I've accomplished this rig, a pecos slim mexican loop, pattern provided by Jim Simmons, and ranger stile belt (also the tongue and buckle billets are from one his pattern packs) lined with 36 bullet loops. (all hand stiched)

The leather used for the holster and belt is 3mm and I've lined the gunbelt with 1,6 mm leather.

I'm pretty satisfied about the result considering I've started leatherworking in late March of this year, I've tried (so hard) to keep the work as neat as possibe, but of course I still need to improve!

So guys tell me what you think

Thanks

Cheers from Italy

Bruno

post-52032-0-26963400-1413888264_thumb.j

post-52032-0-03724600-1413888281_thumb.j

post-52032-0-83585800-1413888418_thumb.j

Shiny :)

Seriously, fit looks good on that rig, color is consistent, and I personally have always liked the contrasting stitching. Stay at it -- looks good!

Bruno, that turned out pretty nice.

Really nice looking rig. Definitely one to be proud of.

I'd say it looks ready for Sergio Leone and Clint Eastwood. Great job.

Bill

Good looking rig.

I have no idea of the thickness of the leather you used. I'm too old to convert to metric. Still stuck with ounces/64s of an inch.

Thanks to all, for the positive comments about this gunbelt!

3mm is roughly 8 oz, I know it's a very different system to misure leather thickness, but I'm getting used to think in inches and oz :)

Purdy durn nice gunleather work pard! Next priject,inlay that thar lizard into the stock of yer pistola.

Sorry, something about western wear just makes me go all cowboy speak. (Chuckle, chuckle)

Very nice and neat/clean.

Very nice rig. I use to line my belts that very same way but relished if I used the suade side out on the inner layer of the belt instead of the grain side the belt stayed put. Because the suade gripped where the grain side slide around.

Thanks again for the positive comments, I was thinking about to leave the suade out, but I prefered a "slick" look :)

Edited by Bruno Rock

I would like to add that Bruno has made the very first Pecos Slim Mexican Loop. And what a job he did! Makes me want to jump up and down yelling "It's ALIVE!"

Jim

Bruno ---------------------

Yes I concur with other comments, Extremely good looking gun leather, both in materials and design !

For such a short time into leather, you got me beat all to hell man ! Really nice rig ! ----------- Wild Bill46

Excellent work. Very nicely done. I've tinkered with leather off and on for 30 years. I can make just about anything I have a mind to, but it will take me a good bit of practice to make my gun rig look as good as you did on this!

Got myself this beautiful Uberti Cattleman 4 ¾ in .45 Lc and I wanted to show it off with my very fist gunbelt rig, I have added a legtie and an hammer thong as well

post-52032-0-15534900-1458314668_thumb.j

post-52032-0-76960300-1458314796_thumb.j

Edited by Bruno Rock