Not my usual work but a good practice piece. Was intended as a wallet but I might keep it as is . We'll see. I just might never do this kinda work again though.

IMG_4266.jpg

Edited by Spider

Spider,

Very nice work! (for something outside your usual)

The flower on the right really stands out!

Keep at it and it will become second nature to you just as your skulls are.

(Which one day I will attempt.)

Johnny

Hey Hermano(brother),

Maybe different from your usual but none the less very nice work. :notworthy:

Storm

wow spider, you are full of surprises...it is nice to step outside our comfort zone...i agree..the flower on the right really pops.

Definately out the web!

Outstanding, none the less!

Troy

NICE detail in your work, Spider

The one on the right, is that what I think it is? haven't seen a real one since the 70's fog.

The one on the right, is that what I think it is? haven't seen a real one since the 70's fog.

yes,Jordan ALL 7 JAGGED LEAVES........ :rofl::crazy:

not bad at all! it does make for great practice to do something you don't normally do. nice mix of different flowers n such

Spider, I didn't know you had it in you! Looks great!

ShirleyZ

Thank you to everyone for the comments and compliments. This piece comes with a story which is why I jumped in the box to do it. Ok, here we go... Oh, btw, I got the template from Tandy's templates so if the right side flower is "special" then it's cause some one else got a flashback like Jordan. LOL I thought it was 5 leaves though...anyway, Here we go.

A "Older" gentleman came to my booth and asked if I could recreate a wallet he had. He had bought it about 50 years ago. It was bulky and all the tooling was practically flattened out. He mainly wanted the inside redone and some sharidan on the outside and double loop lacing. He had bought it quite far away but went back some years ago to see if the dude with the cart that was making stuff on the spot was still there. No luck. He then saw a hand made wallet in Vegas some time ago as he was coming back and had blown his cash. The wallet was $100 but he got the name and number of the dude that had originally made it. He then called back later only to find out that dude had passed away. At that point the hunt was over....then he met me. Inspired me to do something nice for him even if out of my web. I started it and surprised him with the progress and he was excited. The next week he returned with good/bad news. His son saw his wallet and on a trip found one similar to it and surprised his dad. YAY!!! That's where he came to tell me he did not need the wallet but felt bad about it. I was totally happy for him cause he got what he wanted initially and that was the joy I felt. It was something I decided to do and not an obligation. Good Karma to me. I got another wallet order the same day for another dude. YAY!!!

Ok, sorry it was long but I had to share the great story.

hey Bro your posts are starting to look like some of my lengthy ones;-)

Good looking floral stuff. It sure feels good to once in a while to step out of the web and explore, learn, create.

Tom

Thanks for the great response. Ok glad I still remember the little things like 5. lol Yeah Tom I got kinda lengthy on this one. And that's that it is edited big time.

Randyandclaudia, Thank you for your support. I give those who do this all the time much credit after doing this.

Spider, very nice story, and gesture on your part. The carving looks really good. I also had to take a second look, and then count the leaves. Very nice.

Ken

Spider, very nice story, and gesture on your part. The carving looks really good. I also had to take a second look, and then count the leaves. Very nice.

Ken

Yes Ken, It's legal...LOL I got it from Tandy's website templates. You'd have to remove the bottom leaf and add a stem I think.. I mean I've heard....I mean....oh nvm.

Edited by Spider