Newbie doin his and hers inspired by tom swede & dirkins styles

far from pro but nowhere near con....

his and her skull bracer shrink.jpg

her skull bracer shrink.jpg

her close up skull bracer shrink.jpg

post-9838-125867174887_thumb.jpg

post-9838-125867176065_thumb.jpg

post-9838-125867177062_thumb.jpg

nice work. practice,practice ,practice. and when you have done it enought times you can do it in you sleep practice some more. i like the color combo you used and the pattern is nice. a little choppy but still very nice work. keep it up

Leatherman,

Your right i been finding that repeating same patterns and styles is useful for developing increased skill level. I had been trying different things but I am going to focus on developing skill through repitition. I appreciate your comments.

Colors are my worst nightmare!!...finding ways to coordinate colors is impossible...what i mean is color ccordination is something I do not understand.....I was gonna use green and black but someone said dont do that its not coordinated...so i said white pink and black...they said no...lol....I have ruined so many of my pieces cuz of ill color coordination...I searched online for color cordination themes and cant find any...any suggestions to colors that go together good? other then red and black?

I found a metal/goth store to sell these types of bracers so i am gonna experiement already cut to more bracers today....as of january my amateur leather sales is my only way to pay for gas while i am in university...and I gotta find way to buy sewing machine....

Hey hey hey!!! those look very cool!!!

You're gunna find your way with the tools and carving soon enough so keep it up and I'll do the same, there's allways room for improvement and I'm gunna show off a bracer that is a little bit above my usual stuff as soon as I have taken pics on it.

Another thing I do is to wetshape and dry them stringed to my arm, I feel that I get a bit more hardening in this process but more important is that they will really become much more comfortable to wear after this. I wet the leather a little from the inside just to the point where I can shape and string around my arm. To much moisture in the leather can caust the tooling to flat out a bit so be careful with it if you try.

Look closely to the bottom of my bracers and you can aslo notice that I form the edge a little there to allow movement for the hand. Looks neat and improves comfortability even more.

Dunno nuttin bout color coordination, I just follow my own head and ideas and so far I havent dome much variation on it byt hey red and black is in high demand among my customers. I think that pretty much any color go with black but when you have multiple colors you might wanna avoid some combinations.

Awsome!!

Tom