KushielsTart

White Leather Chest Harness

I first started dabbling in leather work two years ago when I decided to make some masks for Carnaval, and then last year I got more serious about it and started making jewelry and body pieces. I've lurked around and read posts here and there over the last year, so I thought it was high time to start posting some of my own pieces. And thank you all for the little nuggets of wisdom I gleaned. :)

I'm starting to get a lot better, and I'm pretty proud of this piece. The attached pouch is the first ever one I've done, and it taught me a lot of lessons. I didn't have a pattern or tutorial, and it was an interesting experience. I now know that leather binding needs to be pretty wide, with a wider seam allowance than in standard fabric, and the more seams the better for flexibility. I'll probably end up redoing it.

post-20872-0-09668000-1358061773_thumb.j

post-20872-0-48343000-1358061809_thumb.j

post-20872-0-96545700-1358061827_thumb.j

First of all, welcome to the forum officially! As for your piece, the construction looks good, as does your attention to detail. I like the clasp at the front, although two of them would be cool IMO. Great use for a purse clasp! I recently say a pouch like that that was designed to hand off of a belt, and I really like the idea. I have thought of making those as well, although out of veg tanned leather.

Post pics up if you re-do it. Nice work!

Cool stuff! I like looking at costume style stuff that is out if the norm for today's bland fashion! Great imagination!

Welcome, I like the design of your body harness.

Very cool stuff. Like it very much.

Greetings

Jonathan

Boy is that ever cool

I hope the leather is soft and supple so it won't chafe...it is hard to find white leather

Beveling and burnishing the edges might be a good idea on straps and such.

There is a subforum on here adults only with some amazing skilled artists...contact Johanna to get in "http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showuser=5"

Great work

Very cool! Hey I didn't know about the adult sub forum! LOL I want in!

Just send Johanna a PM and ask her about it.