Sign in to follow this  
The Farmers Daughter

Alamo Saddlery question

Hello!

I'm a forum newbie. I have a small family farm with boarders. This is my first post.

One of my boarders is having a knee replacement and is downsizing some of his tack. He has an Alamo Training saddle for sale in pretty good shape that he wants $400 for.

Here is a photo of the same model I found online:

alamo1700lg.jpg

His is a 15 inch seat, double rigged with a rawhide covered hardwood tree.

Does anyone have any experience with Alamo Saddlery that they can share? Pro or Con?

Thank you very much. This site is a great resource. I am glad to be here.

Edited by The Farmers Daughter

Hi Farmers Daughter and welcome to the forum!

Let me first say that I really like your avatar.

Now about the Alamo saddle. I am not an expert, but I will tell you what I do know.

The Alamo line of saddles is a mid priced saddle line that hoped to attract the middle of the road buyer. The company is based in Texas and the saddles are made with American components and US leather. However, to keep the manufacturing costs down, the components are shipped and assembled in Mexico.

In other words, the are Mexican made saddles made with US components. I hope that helps.

Hello Curb! Thanks for the information and the welcome. I feel fortunate to have found this site with so many interesting and knowledgeable folks!

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb and expose my ignorance...Is a saddle made in Mexico a bad thing?