CWR

Little Cowboy's Christmas

Here's my little boy and his Christmas present from dad. There wasn't any point in waiting til Christmas because he played in the shop floor most of the time I built it.

Merry Christmas,

CW

post-5332-066463900 1324482041_thumb.jpg

post-5332-024769000 1324482066_thumb.jpg

Edited by CWR

Some day he'll be all growed up, and bragging about the saddle his dad made him back in "011". Nice work!! Always good to see youngsters in the saddle.

Bob

That is too cool! Good looking kiddo - looks like he's put a lot of mileage on those boots! That's neat to see. My kids are only interested in the Lightning McQueen sneakers that have lights in them. head_hurts_kr.gif

My wife and I went to Fort Worth to stay in a nice hotel for the night to celebrate my birthday. We walked around Sundance Square and swung by M.L. Leddy's to look for some Christmas gifts. While none of their stuff was in our price range, it was really fun looking at all the boots and saddles. We were hoping they might give us a tour of their workshop, but they didn't offer when we inquired about it. I remember wearing the heck out of my blue Houston Oilers cowboy boots when I was a little guy. Boots and shorts everywhere I went (lived in Houston at the time).

I don't know much about saddles, but that looks really nice!

The pictures say it all. Way too COOL!!! He'll be able to ride that one a long time.

That's PRICELESS! Which is more work, the saddle or the little concho in the hat (I have 5 of those myself) :notworthy:

Thanks Bob. I would probably be a millionare today if I hadn't of taken a liking to horses when I was his age.

The pictures say it all. Way too COOL!!! He'll be able to ride that one a long time.

Thanks Bruce. I cut that saddle out with the knife I got from you. He oughtta be able to rope a bull out of it when he gets a little bigger.

JLS. He's definately the most work! But worth it.

Particle, He cries if his mom makes him wear anything else besides boots.

Thanks all,

CW

Edited by CWR

Thanks Bob. I would probably be a millionare today if I hadn't of taken a liking to horses when I was his age.

Thanks Bruce. I cut that saddle out with the knife I got from you. He oughtta be able to rope a bull out of it when he gets a little bigger.

JLS. He's definately the most work! But worth it.

Particle, He cries if his mom makes him wear anything else besides boots.

Thanks all,

CW

Millionaires are over-rated. It's much more fulfilling (and much more happy) living a with modest means I think.

Awesome job on the saddle... the though of attempting something like that makes me hyperventilate. :D Your son is definitely a little cutie... when are you going to get him a little guitar... now is the time to start him playing you know!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours too.

Thank you on both the compliment on the saddle and the boy. We are sure proud of him.

Don't worry the way I have chosen to make my living there is slim chance I will ever have enough money to corrupt me.:lol: But I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks again,

CW

CW....you made your boy a nice piece of wood. I hate to say it though, but you've made a horrible mistake. You've introduced your son to a lifestyle that will probably only mean Dad spending alot of money!! I did notice that you said he'd be able to rope a bull in it when he's older, so perhaps the road you've set him on is one of a working cowboy rather than a rodeo cowboy. My son got the rodeo bug at about the same age your son is, and I can tell you (after umteen horses, trailers, miles, etc) I wish I'd have taken him to a golf course...LOL. But, I like you, wouldn't have had it any other way. And, his calf roping and team roping abilities are paying for college in TX, so I guess it isn't all bad.

Congrats on a very nice saddle and for being a very good Dad.

May God richly bless you and your family.

Leatherrookie,

Thank you so much. God has richly blessed us. I saw the rope can you made for your boy. It is beautiful. We are in Alpine, the home of college rodeo. If you ever get down there to the rodeo let me know. We can talk shop and watch some good rodeo.

God Bless,

CW

CW....you made your boy a nice piece of wood. I hate to say it though, but you've made a horrible mistake. You've introduced your son to a lifestyle that will probably only mean Dad spending alot of money!! I did notice that you said he'd be able to rope a bull in it when he's older, so perhaps the road you've set him on is one of a working cowboy rather than a rodeo cowboy. My son got the rodeo bug at about the same age your son is, and I can tell you (after umteen horses, trailers, miles, etc) I wish I'd have taken him to a golf course...LOL. But, I like you, wouldn't have had it any other way. And, his calf roping and team roping abilities are paying for college in TX, so I guess it isn't all bad.

Congrats on a very nice saddle and for being a very good Dad.

May God richly bless you and your family.