azrider

Question On Shipping Finished Goods

So I have actually managed to sell a few things this year, and shipped them out. I was worried about what every I used as packing materials sticking to the leather. Most of my stuff is finished with Bee Natural wax based finish, so there shouldn't be an issue with it heating up during the winter, but what about summer time? Has anyone had finishes messed up by what ever they were packed in sticking to them? How do you package your stuff to ship?

I myself am still trying to figure out this business and the best practices, but I wrap the items in packaging paper and stuff the box with the same or newspaper. So far no complaints and have not had anything returned. By the way, I also wrap items when storing them to protect from damage, moisture, etc.

Most of my things that are mailed, i wrap in a paper towel then bubble wrap. Add newspaper if needed to keep thing from flopping around. As far as i know their never have been any problems with paper towels sticking to finish. I use resoline for my finish.

I shipp by wraping the item in that tissue paper you get in gift boxes (tie for christmas), place that in a baggie and bubble wrap. It might be a bit over kill but it works for me. No complaints from anyone yet...