howdy all,

I am wondering if oxalic acid is also called wood beach? I have Googled it and have found many pages on it but not specifically where to find locally unless it is also referred to as wood bleach then maybe I can find it at the lumber store.

thank you for helping.

crissy

howdy all,

I am wondering if oxalic acid is also called wood beach? I have Googled it and have found many pages on it but not specifically where to find locally unless it is also referred to as wood bleach then maybe I can find it at the lumber store.

thank you for helping.

crissy

That's exactly what it's called and you can pick it up at most hardware store or places like Lowes or Home Depot.I usually mix mine 50-50 with water and put in a spray bottle.Dave

Besides Lowe's/HomeDepot, you can also try wood working stores- Woodcraft (local store, nat'l chain) does have it.

Oxalic acid is also sold as the product "Barkeeper's Friend", which you can find in most grocery/hardware stores in cleaning supplies by the Comet or Ajax powders.

awesome!

Thank you everyone I was hoping it was that easy,,,,,, one more question, so after I make a mixture and spray on the leather do it just let it soak or wipe it off or....??

cheers

crissy

http://leatherworker...=1entry111792

Here is a link with some use instructions.

Crystal

much thanks, that was very helpful and had the answers,

enjoy the day

crissy