Sign in to follow this  
cmh3821

New To Leatherworking....

good afternoon,

after lurking and reading here a while i joined today.

my primary interests in leather are dog gear. I run a company that makes all natural dog and cat treats, and introduced a line of recycled climbing rope leashes last year. we are working on getting a line of leather gear up before the start of 2011. My primary focus on this line is going to be working dog gear (agitation collars, agitation leashes, tracking and agitation harnesses, muzzles, bitework tugs and puppy "drive building" toys) and very durable multipurpose leads. We will also be making some "boutique" style dog collars and leashes.

my secondary interests in leather working is knife and gun holsters and sheaths. i have long been a fan of a quality holster (favorite carry rig is a milt sparks VMII for one of my custom colts) and figure we can get all the production gear setup at work and i can "play" with holsters and sheaths on it from time to time. i make japanese style kitchen knives and collect all kinds of knives, mostly culinary, field/survival and high end folding knives.

So far i have only made a few btiework collars and leashes by hand, but i'm here to learn more about what i equipment I need to setup sizeable production of high quality leather dog goods in our shop, as well as learn as much as possible to improve my techniques and produce the highest quality leather dog gear i can.

Welcome to the Forum!

You have come to the right place......we have a member who makes and sells these items as well as security dogs. His forum name is 'Spence.' You might want to get with him and see you can coordinate some items. Good luck.