twm011

Barrel Saddle Horn Concho

A lady recently asked me to replace the stirrup leathers and fix the horn on her barrel saddle. The stirrup leathers are no problem. However, I am lost on the horn. The horn post is metal with braided rawhide covering it. The rawhide is in good shape and does not need repair, but the concho that goes over the top of it is missing. I'm not sure where to find that type of concho or how to attach it. Any insight on the matter would be greatly appreciated it.

Thanks,

Tyler Morgan

Hey Tyler, Silverama.biz looks like they have what you need. As far as attaching it, was just glued on, but the rawhide should have covered a small amount the edge. My daughters fell of hers a while back, and the glue spot is still on the back of the concho.

iN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE TASK YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO REPLACE THE RAWHIDE AS WELL AS IT NEEDS TO BE TIGHTLY PULLED DOWN AROUND THE EDGE OF THE CONCHO AFTER IT IS EPOXYED TO THE HORN, OOPS CAP LOCKS ON! If the rawhide is snug around the edge of the horn you might be able to use a slightly larger concho and epoxy down over rawhide. Owner would have to make the choice 1) as new ~ $200 + concho; 2) over top comprimise ~ $25 + concho