krappstein

Moulded Swiss Army Knife Pouch And Simplest Notebook Cover

So... I've been lurking the forum for a year and I thought I could show a couple of pieces I'm not that embarrassed of.

First off, a moulded belt pouch for a Victorinox Spartan (a Tinker would also fit). Made a mess when turning the pigskin lining on the front piece. Should have known better, I *do* have roll of waxed paper somewhere around.

100_4318_960_zpsb4738aaf.jpg

Stiching is 5 mm (5 SPI) twisted nylon thread. Leather is 2.5 (6 oz) veg tan dyed with vinegaroon and stuffed with warm dubbin.

100_4313_960_zps3864b5af.jpg

Sam Browne stud is a bit large for that thickness, but it's the only size I could get.

100_4320_960_zps69d841b8.jpg

Since I don't have a maker's mark I decided to stamp my initials on the belt loop with some alphabet stamps I had lying around.

Next is a small notebook holder made out of chrome tan scraps an acquaintance gave me a while ago.

100_4341_960_zps7943b611.jpg

It holds a 65 mm x 105 mm pocket notebook. Front flap has a strip for holding cards, tickets, and other odds and ends. Stitching is 3.5 mm (7 SPI).

100_4342_960_zpse7fb4a45.jpg

Pen not included.

Edited by krappstein

Looking good! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, guys.

It's a Sheaffer's 68. The fine point goes well with my rather small handwriting. Only bad thing is I can only get Royal Blue refills.

I'll try and take proper pictures of a pen roll I made a while ago, there are a couple of other nice ones in it.

Thank you, guys.

It's a Sheaffer's 68. The fine point goes well with my rather small handwriting. Only bad thing is I can only get Royal Blue refills.

I'll try and take proper pictures of a pen roll I made a while ago, there are a couple of other nice ones in it.

Get yourself a syringe & needle and a bottle of your preferred colour of ink

The turned lining is awesome. I've only seen one other person do that, so... pretty cool.

Thanks, Monica.

Get yourself a syringe & needle and a bottle of your preferred colour of ink

I did that a couple of times. On my last attempt the needle came off and squirted myself with Parker's Blue/Black. Made me wonder if it was worth the hassle. :unsure:

Very Nice - and I have never seen that.... turned lining. Nice Touch!