Sign in to follow this  
barra

Tips for using Pro 2000

I have spent the last few days playing with my new toy, a Ferdco Pro 2000. All is good, it is stitching like a trojan and I am very happy with it. I have to concede defeat however on exactly how the different throat plates work eg holster and stirrup plate.Any tips would be most appreciated.

On a side note. This is the first time I have ever used a machine with a servo motor. Holy crap is that cool.

Barra

Andrew,

That is what I like to hear - a happy customer!!! Now you know why I traded to or ordered servo motors for my machines. I don't make holsters, but I use the holster plate for gussets on things like ropebags and saddle bags. The raised center gives me someplace for the gusset to lay down into. Otherwise I have been known to sew across a wrinkle on a corner and say bad words. I use the stirrup plate for sewing some stirrups, but mostly for sewing gussets into purses, brief cases, and shaving kits. The rounded top shortens up that turn radius and makes those corners go much easier. The narrower ridge to the left of the needle slot lets you get close to the wood on stirrups. It also doesn't push over the gusset on the bag corners.