Sign in to follow this  
Peterk

New finished holster

Hi guys,

Here is the new holster I just finished for a single stack Makarov. This is my fourth holster so far... Let me know what you think...

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Well done! I like it!

That came out very well. I love that color.

A helpful suggestion if you don't mind??? On the straps, instead of the corners, try rounding them off. It will help from having an edge to bump around plus it allow the aesthetics to flow and match the rounds of the top and bottom of the holster.

Nice work, you're doing great! :)

I think it looks great. I agree with Shorts I love the color. What flavor is it?

I like it alot, nice job

Thanks Shorts for the suggestion. The rounding of the strap is planned for my next one. :)

WaG35, this color is my old favorite (and so far the only bottle I have on my bench), the Eco-Flo Bison Brown. So far I have built four holsters with this color and each one came out a bit different with each adjustment of my procedure and different finishing options. This one was oiled after dying, then finished with Super Sheen by airbrush. I think I will try applying carnuba wax to the finished holster which will knock down the shine a little, but I do like how this one turned out.

Thanks all.

Nice looking holster and I agree about the color, I may have to try out that color. Another suggestion if you don't mind. Try and bring the stitch line in a little closer to the trigger guard. This will aid in retention when the leather stretches a little. And other than what Shorts suggested it all looks great.

Best,

Rhome

Nice looking holster and I too like the color. I go along with both Short's and Rhome's recommendations and you will have a winning holster for a pistol that has limited holsters available for it in the market place.

Randy