DK Armourer

Retired In Spokane, Wa

I'm a Retired Veteran living out here in Spo-compton, and loving it. Just started up leather working as a hobby to keep myself from going insane. Apparently retirement is a lot more boring than I had planned. LOL!

I'm really into World of Warcraft, Warhammer, and other fantasy media; so needless to say armor is one of my interests. I love the clothing and bags as well, and plan to make both fantasy and regular apparel and bags. So point me in the direction of the tutorials. LOL! I'm a bit of a jokester too.

I'm a graphite pencil artist so tooling is another main interest. I'll post up some of my new projects and everyone and give me feedback. I bought the $70ish Tandy Leather kit and I would recommend it to any beginner. The tools are professional quality and the projects teach you a lot about tools and techniques.

Otherwise just here to talk to real people and communicate with the outside world.

post-57342-0-12148800-1424704371_thumb.j

post-57342-0-82068400-1424704386_thumb.j

post-57342-0-69609400-1424704401_thumb.j

post-57342-0-16956500-1424704824_thumb.j

Edited by DK Armourer

I am planning on retirement but I always had leatherwork in reserve as you are correct that some people go stir crazy when they retire.

I remember my first kit in the 70's but once I tried 3mm + leather the patterns really become 3D. Keep at it you will be amazed what you can do.

I'm in the Spokane area, I too like doing armor. Mine is more Skyrim, Assassins Creed, and Fall Out 3 and New Vegas. Your projects look good.