Averya

Need Advice On How To Stamp This Pattern

I've been asked to make a custom breast collar to match a saddle, The saddle has a serpentine pattern that I am unfamiliar with. Can anyone tell me what stamps are used for it. Many thanks

post-33074-0-13020700-1393454920_thumb.j

Shaped like a rope stamp. BUT, $8 says that's an embossing roll, not a stamp at all.

I agree too clean to be a stamp. Embossing roll, depending on the maker could be done with a machine.

This came up not too long ago in another place, maybe one of the Facebook groups if it wasn't here.. Pretty sure it was found to be a stamp. My peabrain is leaning toward Hackbarth, but I am not home to check that. omebody may have made a roll too, but not finding it in a quick check of my McMillen catalog.

The saddle is a circle Y saddle. I wonder how an embossing roll could go around all the curves....but then I don't know about embossing rolls. Bruce, if you can come up with

something PALEESE let me know.

Shaped like a rope stamp. BUT, $8 says that's an embossing roll, not a stamp at all.

I'll take that bet. It's not uniform enough to be an embossing roll.

I've never seen embossed leather look so cleanly beveled either. Then again, I haven't seen all that much embossed leather. But the slight irregularities lead me to believe it can't be rolled.

I found either that stamp or its brother. It is a Jeremiah Watt stamp, but like all the borders, not showing up on his website. I don't know if he has discontinued borders or I am jut not seeing them. It is listed in my 2 year old Weaver catalog as a "running border".

I just checked the Weaver retail site and the Jeremiah Watt stamp is on there. The small one is unavailable but the large one is there. I have both sizes and both make great borders.

JOE

Thanks so much everyone....I will recheck the Weaver site.....I didn't see it listed yesterday......Really appreciate everyone's assistance

Well, sadly the large border is not available either, it is sold out. Joe, can you tell me where you purchased your stamps? I will keep looking but it doesn't look like I will have much luck....

Try going directly to Jeremiah Watts site: http://www.ranch2arena.com/hsbtintro.html. His stamps are sold under the Horseshoe brand. Bruce said this tool doesn't show up there but you might be able to contact him and see if he can make you one.

YIPPEE!!!!! I did just that...wrote to Jeremiah directly and he answered that he has both stamps in stock and can ship immediately. Thank you so much everyone on this site.....I never would have found it if it weren't for your help. A special thanks to Bruce for identifying the stamp......I didn't recognize it from the photo. So, JLS Leather....does this mean you just lost $8 :wave:(kidding)

It DOES! I checked those stamps on the Weaver site. Even if they were availalble, those are NOT the stamp that made that border. I havent seen the one from Watts, and don't see any on that site either. If it looks like the Weaver's that aint gonna work.

Not a problem, though, I like to do what I said i'll do. So, if it's $8 to research and find you the right stamp, I'm OK with that :) Tell me where ta send it, might just cover the shippin'

Well seeing as I'm the one that accepted the bet, you should send it to me. Would you like to pay with PayPal or BitCoins?

:cheers:

Hmmmmm....well, I will let you know when I get the stamp. I sent a photo of the border to Jeremiah and he said he had the stamps in stock...two sizes. I was just kidding on the bet....I'll keep you posted though. Thanks again