Becca4U

Leddy Saddle Made In Abilene

I have been trying to learn about this saddle, but haven't had much luck. It is NOT an M.L. Leddy saddle. (Yes, I have spoken to them already.)

I spoke to Mrs. James Leddy a few years ago. She is quite a hoot. She said James never made any saddles but he did have a brother in Abilene that was a perfectionist and to her knowledge he had made 5 saddles for friends/family over the years.

I came across this saddle in Prague Oklahoma and was told an older man had it made for him and he used it in parades only. He was deceased and the family sold the saddle.

The saddle is in fantastic original shape and the tooling is near perfect. Made in apx 40's or 50's. The saddle utilized lacing instead of Blevins buckles. The cinch is a simple hand tied mohair cinch that matches the saddle color. The latigo's (both standard latigo like on the near side of the saddle) are colored to match the saddle, there is a marker indicating the latigos were $2.75 each.

The saddle also has a matching rear cinch. The tree is exquisite and the ground seat sits perfectly. Genuine sheep skin lining. There is minimal wear to the stirrup treads.

Has anyone ever heard of a Leddy Saddle from Abilene?

Call Art Reed (325)677-4572, if anyone would know, he would.

Art

I have been trying to learn about this saddle, but haven't had much luck. It is NOT an M.L. Leddy saddle. (Yes, I have spoken to them already.)

I spoke to Mrs. James Leddy a few years ago. She is quite a hoot. She said James never made any saddles but he did have a brother in Abilene that was a perfectionist and to her knowledge he had made 5 saddles for friends/family over the years.

I came across this saddle in Prague Oklahoma and was told an older man had it made for him and he used it in parades only. He was deceased and the family sold the saddle.

The saddle is in fantastic original shape and the tooling is near perfect. Made in apx 40's or 50's. The saddle utilized lacing instead of Blevins buckles. The cinch is a simple hand tied mohair cinch that matches the saddle color. The latigo's (both standard latigo like on the near side of the saddle) are colored to match the saddle, there is a marker indicating the latigos were $2.75 each.

The saddle also has a matching rear cinch. The tree is exquisite and the ground seat sits perfectly. Genuine sheep skin lining. There is minimal wear to the stirrup treads.

Has anyone ever heard of a Leddy Saddle from Abilene?