Memorymode

Hi From Louisiana

I just started making leather goods. I started by carving coasters but what I'm really into is making more usable items. My main focus will be dog collars and harnesses and I want to be capable in all areas! Leather armor, holsters, sheaths, and more!

Right now besides experience, I'd like to learn more about the difference types of leathers including the types of processing and thicknesses and their best uses. My current experience is only with remnant leather and veg tan.

Attached are my two dogs, Zwei(2yr old white husky/german shepherd mix) and Machina 'Maki'(border collie/cattledog mix I think).

Thanks! I posted something in "Show off!" and hoping my next project to be a gun holster for my beretta px4storm subcompact.

post-64746-0-46036300-1441769008_thumb.j

post-64746-0-58271300-1441769011_thumb.j

Like the double lead for the dogs.

Thanks! It was a useful, quick thing I made. Since I've made it I learned that the two rivet connections are badly placed. Either 4 rivets or stitching would be better I think. The way they are, they tend to bend and eventually break. I made it with remnant leather :)