colt1911

First Holster With New Boss

I took advantage of the holiday sale Tippmann had goin on. I took the big leap and got a new Boss. This is the first holster ive done with it. What do yall think? Any comments or advice or tips on the holster AND Boss would be greatly appreciated. I took me a few hours of playin with it to get the thread tension set right, but after that i knocked out this holster in about 5 minutes and then did a belt in about 20. Very happy with it. Anybody that has one and knows of any tips or anything please let me know. Thank yall!

post-16378-079792700 1294915151_thumb.jp

I took advantage of the holiday sale Tippmann had goin on. I took the big leap and got a new Boss. This is the first holster ive done with it. What do yall think? Any comments or advice or tips on the holster AND Boss would be greatly appreciated. I took me a few hours of playin with it to get the thread tension set right, but after that i knocked out this holster in about 5 minutes and then did a belt in about 20. Very happy with it. Anybody that has one and knows of any tips or anything please let me know. Thank yall!

Looks good. Do you still need to groove the backside for the thread to lay in with that machine?

I wouldnt recommend it. All it takes is for the back stitch line to be off half a hair and you'll end up missing the groove and ruining your work. I tried that on a couple of pieces of scrap and the 2 out of 6 grooves that was actually lined up perfect came out looking good, but the other 4 looked hideous. I dont see anything wrong with not grooving the back, maybe someone else on here will have a different perspective....

Nice looking holster. Stitches look good.

Looks great!

I've been wanting to make the jump and get a sewing machine... I have no idea where to start though.

Nice holster. It takes me about 20 minutes to sew a belt with a motored machine. Did you make the belt that you are wearing in the photo? Either way good looking belt too.

I ordered one this afternoon as well. Anxiety is the word of the day.

Any tips youd like to share from your experiences getting yours set up and running?

Cheers!