Sign in to follow this  
wolvenstien

Pricing For A Used Tippmann Areostitch

I have a guy local to me that is selling one. He is asking $1500 for it. What is a good average price for one of these in used but in good shape?

If it is the newer model with the needle positioning lever and forward and reverse lever and it is in good shape then 1500 is a fair but not great price. If it is the older model without the mentioned items then 1000 is in the ballpark.

im not sure what the books say they are woth but ive owned one for almost ten years.i believe they all had the needle position lever.only diff was new model was reverse capable.one inexpensive accessory i would def get is the regulator that lets you adjust press foot pressure.its cheap and should have come with it.they are durable machines if alittle quirky and seldom go out of adj.the tippmann peeps are top notch as you prob heard.i think they make a nice stitch on a good variety of materials.

regards shovelhead

I just bought one from here last month. The machine is heavy, the thread guide post on mine broke during shipping so make sure it's packed properly for shipping. I also just replaced the presser foot cam with the missing roller today. Tippmann Industry is very helpful and both times I got my replacement parts in a few days. The machine cycles normally now and I will start familiarizing myself with the machine operation in the next few days.

Looking at Tippmann's website I think there are four versions of Aerostitch, ie four different version of the manual is available for download,

v4) Reverse

v3) No Reverse

v2) No Reverse + Needle Bar Return Button

v1) Reverse + Needle Bar Return + Manual Needle down lever

I think I have the v1 variant. Anyway, now that the machine is up and running I will familiarize myself with its operation over the next few days.

Good luck with your search.