Prince

Lion Armor - Complete

Finished at last.

Made entirely from leather and nickel finished hardware. Production time was about 3 weeks with the help of a couple friends. Chris and George.

Consists of:

Lion Head Helmet

Articulated Gorget

Breast and Back Plate w/ Overlays

Pauldrons with Heraldic Rampant Lions

Full Arms: Rerebrace, Vambrace, Elbow & Guard

Claw Gauntlets

Tassets

Front Skirting

Full Legs: Cuisses, Knee Cop & Guard, demigreives & full grieves, and sabbatons

All with tons of claws and block dyed tooled borders.

Lion_Armor_copy.jpg

post-2541-1200987922_thumb.jpg

looks grrrrreat! *L* had ta do that one. I'd paint the rivets on the helm though.

WOW!!!!!!! Fantastic job! GREAT color choice! From top to bottom just a joy to behold! Thanks for posting!

Holy.............um...........Cow! I dont know what else to say. You do AWESOME stuff and I'm really glad you share your pictures with us. That really is amazing.

Simply amazing again Azmal, very well done, thanks for sharing with us.

Ken

Incredible work!!

Yup trully a masterpiece and very impressive, how much does that weigh and how many sqr meters leather do you use for a full suit, Don

That's some pretty sweet looking armor. How long did you say it takes you to make that?

Oh, also, could you post a close up of the hands? I'm curious as to how they are put together ^_^

Purrrrrrrrrfect

Absolutly Amazing work:-)

Azmal, that rocks! Love all the extra touches.

Johanna

Once again, stunning artwork. What sort of finish do you use? You seem to get such a nice "glow" on all your pieces.

Will you still remember us when you are rich and famous? ;) :D

Wow, that is really amazing. I agree with Drac, I'd do something to all the rivets so they don't distract from the overall look. You do really amazing work. How many hours do you have in this and how much leather? Is this functional? Could someone actually walk around in it or do activity like LARP? Would it be reasonably comfortable to wear?

Like usual from Azmal,AMAZING job!what can i more say :WAOUW...

I'm also curious about how many sq/foot af leather you use,dye etc...

Just stunnig man,what a job!Thanks for sharing this incredible stuff.

Alex

:thumbsup: A very nice piece indeed! The design is excellent, and the modeling is very good too. Fantasy armor isn't my thing (I like the real stuff better) but that armor is very nice to look at, since it actually hovers at the border between function and fantasy. I hope that wasn't all handstitched...

Are you sure you don't work for WETA? ;-)

I am curious about your coloring--do you use an airbrush?

First up, this -is- real, 100% functional : ) A person can do cartwheels in armor I make, even with those crazy huge shoulders. Joints articulate properly and even the finger joints move. Of course I don't need to point out it is completely fantasy and not historical. But it does have some foundation in historical design. The breastplate is similar to lorica for instance, the arms are somewhat historical, legs too. Just has cool stuff stacked on it.

Materials.... How much dead cow did I use? Geez, I dunno, seems like I went through half a dozen double shoulders... this suit just kept on eating and eating the leather. But I have no idea really... I try to keep track of things, but I just get caught up in the project and this one had a really tough deadline to start with.

Finish I use is super shene. Think that was all the questions.

Thanks everyone

Wonderful work as always Azmal, thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Ken

Absolutly Amazing work! Now nat would be nice to try and build one for a horse for ren.fair , just have little or no knowlge of airburshing but I'm so In pressed your tallent is amazing an I be your apprentice............ppppppppppllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FOSL Donna

I can't find your website. You simply MUST post that pix on your site so I can forward the link to my non-leathercrafter friends. It is just too wonderful not to share!!!!!

Dude that thing is unbelievable. It rocks for sure. Who buys this stuff? I'm imagining an awful lot of zeros...

Brent

Edited by howardb

That is absolutely gorgeous! Not exactly my style, however truly beautiful. Nice airbrushing and lots of detail, looking really good and must have taken you loads of time.

I've also taken a look at your deviant art site and love that blue corset top, really screams to be worn, have you seen it be worn yet? Also love the marble effect, am very curious how you did that and the design is very elegant. Makes me want to shape up.

You are extremely talented and inspiring.

Harma

That is honestly one of the most incredible works of art I've ever seen. Your talent is uncanny. Cheers.

-Chris

Very nice. Great work.

I have seen a lot of good leatherwork come from the reenactment crowd, nicely done. How many sides did it take to complete your work?