jc3persons

Leather Rating?

When shopping on line because there is no place real close i see the reference TR and wonder what that means,,i know someone or everyone cept me knows!! thanks

TR is "Tannery Run" which is a grading system that can mean anything to anybody. There used to be a method to that madness like 2 A, 2 B, and 1 C or something like that. Now it really means however they come off the pallet, you have to ask, then tell them you will hold them to it.

Art

When shopping on line because there is no place real close i see the reference TR and wonder what that means,,i know someone or everyone cept me knows!! thanks

Like Art, it has been explained to me as no sorting - they pull your order the way they are stacked on the pile. When I made the step from buying locally to ordering, I received one TR side that had a forklift track the length of it about 6" below the spine and footprints. I changed my mind and believe that to one seller "tannery run" means to run over it in the tannery.

Like Art, it has been explained to me as no sorting - they pull your order the way they are stacked on the pile. When I made the step from buying locally to ordering, I received one TR side that had a forklift track the length of it about 6" below the spine and footprints. I changed my mind and believe that to one seller "tannery run" means to run over it in the tannery.

thank you both,,couldn't help but chuckle,,nice to know,,eat a lot of food i know i will for a skinny guy they say